Police Car - WIP

Best answers
I'm makin this for a friend. I'm keepin the poly limit fairly low, I probably wasted poly's on the front bumpers but when I chopped out poly's, I didn't like the curve to it. It's for HL2, so no worries. If a buggie has 15000 polies, this won't be no thang. Its only 400 so far. Here's it flatshaded and wireframed.

It's not going to be anything amazing, just a generic cop car. But it's my first vehicle, so be gentle :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks more like a mustang.

Generic cop cars are normally made from a Ford crown victoria. Like this:

Looks cool though, you could make a kickass mustang from that though ^_^.

Best answers
Hm. Good call. Can you get a pic of the hood where i can see where it drops/rises?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doesn't have to be, there are a lot of mustang police car's.
it also depens in what country.

in holland are the police car's volkswagen.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
niobe said:
doesn't have to be, there are a lot of mustang police car's.
it also depens in what country.

in holland are the police car's volkswagen.
Also opel and other brands ;) (in Holland)

The front looks well, bit fat :p

I thaugh that America police cars, were squary :/

Best answers
I sorta gave it the mustang look cuz i tryed a small rise and i wasnt gettin the shading i wanted. Here was the ref i was goign off of.

http://www.governmentacquisitions.com/vehicles/FORD POLICE CAR 2003.jpg

Looking from front, the rise is VERRRRRRY small, and that bored me, so I made it more drastic. But I agree it turned out with a mustang kinda look. I could just lower it to have that litttttlllle bump, but thats not as interesting. I duno. Ill finish the basic frame today, and you guys tell me which direction to go in. ^_^

Update, i left the mustang look so you can see it with the whole frame.

P.S., When I'm done, I'mma need some one to skin it >.< Anyone interested?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so many wasted polies.... ph34r teh wasted p0lies >_<

edit: ignore that. i suck at drawing cars.

crit 1. wheel spaces arent the same size...

crit 2. front window is at the harshest angle...its so UN aerodynamic, that it would probably go backward.

Best answers
lol thanks. And its HL2 so its not that big a deal o.o The wasted polies were to make a smoother curve o_O Considering the buggy in HL2 was 15k, I think my cop car will do juuuuust fine.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No one was saying it wouldn't preform well in hl2, but wasted polys mean jsut that, they are wasted! Not put there for a reason(like to make curves smoother). Those polys were the ones GiR was talknig about, the ones that can be removed with 0 detail loss and places elsewhere for even nicer curves.

Best answers
Aight. When i figure out how to work this stupid milkshape viewer plug in, ill post it like that and you guys can point out the areas i can save polys ^_^

Best answers
The side windows go way down too low, the trunk is just kind of sudden and square, the cars body needs to flow better. The windshield is wierd..really wierd, it wouldnt look right at all, and like gir said, the wheel wells aren't the same size. Also the sides of the car need to curve out more. Remember, the front and the hood should be level with the back and the trunk. Dont forget the mirrors too.

(crappy mouse drawing, but you get the idea lol)

Best answers
Yes, I do. Thanks! I needed a drawover. An outside opinion is always good for modeling. After i do the frame im going to have oodles of problems. First, its going to be in CS : S, so the inside has to have polys so its not invisible from the inside, then i gotta build the interior, then connect it to the frame. Frame was the easy part >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom