• Damn skippy

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Can't be bothered

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Just...no.

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
Best answers
Who else has been waiting for the release of a Pokemon MMO?

Kama and I have been talking smack about Nintendo's lack of Pokemon MMOness for the last 3 years, and I'm getting sick of talking smack.

Are we the only one who thinks a pokemon MMO would be a great success? Let's be honest, if any game is more suitable to be an MMO than Pokemon, let it be heard.

Now if someone comes in here and talks smack about Pokemon, I'm assuming you're under 14 years old and you weren't there back in the glory days. (Yes, you know which days I'm talking about people, the race to catch all 151, make a team and stomp your friends at school.) I won't judge you though, I'd talk smack too if Pokemon -wasn't- the *hit back in the day. (Which was a Wednesday)

Unlike the recent games and their 'Basken Robins 751 different flavours of tasteless boring re-done ice cream' hell, if you played pokemon in the glory days then I'm probably sure you still know a bit of the pokerap lyrics. (lol)

Let's look over what a Pokemon MMO would most likely feature and would make it a blasty-blast.

-Full character customization: Hair styles, hair colours, facial expressions, total and customizable clothing attire. Focusing on making you're character represent you're Pokemon trainer inside.

-Lush 3D environments: Deserts, Icelands, Grasslands, Swamps, Wastelands, Mountains, Forests, Beaches, Volcanos.

I imagine to make the game that much cooler, Pokemon like Charmander would be a one-twice in a year spawn. So we don't have people running around like Charlie Murphy shakin' with anticipation.

Battles and Gyms: Battle other players and compete for badges! Fun fun.

Can I get an amen?

EDIT: Could a Mod put this in video gaming >_> I wasn't paying attention

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could go for a pokemon mmo if they made the battles real time. I mean is it so hard for the developers to look at the fricking anime and go "hey, maybe our players want to have pikachu jump onto pidgey's back and fly around while tossing thunderbolts at the enemy, instead of you know . . . just standing there. Lamely."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate the Pokemon Stadium imitations, and how each Pokemon can only withstand 4 moves, which is pure crap.

Damn skippy.

Best answers
I totaly Agree Real time battles would Own with pokemon

I have played the digimon MMO but it gets boring afterwhile

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
99.9% of Pokemon's audience is children. I just don't understand how a grown-up could fancy this childhood poppycock nonsense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because it's aimed at kids doesn't mean others can't appreciate what the license has to offer.

Best answers
Pokemon? o_O

One word: *hurls*

That's just my oppinion.

Best answers
99.9% of Pokemon's audience is children. I just don't understand how a grown-up could fancy this childhood poppycock nonsense.
because it has a pretty deep combat system and amazing amount of customizabliity for teams. The competetive level of pokemon is actually pretty interesting, besides i know tons of adults who play it(we had groups of around 10 people playing it at my college cafeteria the other day).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would os pay for this **** monthly.

I mean, I've always dreamed of a pokemon mmo. Like, if you duel other trainers, you can control your current pokemon out and battle them.

You can explore some areas/do someq uests controlling Pidgey or something.

One rule though, no ****ing 375 pokemon bull****, just the original 151.

Yes, I was there in the glory days o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're just speculating on a Pokemon MMO, there isn't one actually announced. Yet.

I'm guessing Nintendo just doesn't want kids getting harassed online. Hence the friend code system. I think MMOs don't fit in their vision. I doubt we'll ever see one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're just speculating on a Pokemon MMO, there isn't one actually announced. Yet.

I'm guessing Nintendo just doesn't want kids getting harassed online. Hence the friend code system. I think MMOs don't fit in their vision. I doubt we'll ever see one.
Well some type of pokemon online feature would be great for them. Most of the popular online games require a level of understanding and maturity...Which also is lacking with quite a few players actually.

Seriously, if Pokemon became popular with teenagers? I'd hop on it so fast. Pokemon the **** when I was a kid. All I needed was the 151 of them, then they added like 100 more or something, which was cool, I liked a lot of them. But now it's getting a tad rediculous.

I have a slight urge to buy Pokemon Diamond now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would play a game like that anytime, and I hate MMOs... I just <3 pokemon for some reason :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom