Pokémon: Live Action Movie Trailer

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[video=youtube;sDX1m0Y2Vkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg[/video]​

Discuss.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow... This movie looks like it will get the same low ratings as Dragonball did. Maybe even worse. 2 weeks in the the theaters maybe? It's so late (or early) and I can't think straight but this looks really horrible.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm under the impression it's fan-made. I doubt Nintendo would allow a fairly mature film to be made from a series aimed at a younger audience ^^. It looked convincing though, it's a shame all the Pokemon looked pretty ugly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I forgot to mention that the trailer is indeed fan-made.

The Pokemon look down-right bad and very freaky looking, with that problem fixed the movie wouldn't be half bad, hypothetically speaking.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They must have been really bored lol. That looked like it took a lot of time and effort to make.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Let's just say this "movie" didn't get any budget... I checked.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe the storyline seemed good for a mature audience. It's just that the pokemon looked so horrible. Oh and no guns either. Never seen that in the anime... But then again, the last pokemon episode I remember seeing is when Ash left his Charizard somewhere so he can get stronger or something... And where's Team Rocket?! lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
-=[EEF]=-Ghost;989989 said:
And where's Team Rocket?! lol
The guys with Meowoth, watch the trailer again.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah i see. I was looking for a woman in a mini skirt and long red hair with a ton of holding gel and a purple haired guy...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
-=[EEF]=-Ghost;989994 said:
Ah i see. I was looking for a woman in a mini skirt and long red hair with a ton of holding gel and a purple haired guy...
I was too, until I heard a guy say, "And make it double", with a gun in hand.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-=[EEF]=-Ghost;989986 said:
They must have been really bored lol. That looked like it took a lot of time and effort to make.
Boredom? You think that's what produces such a project?
It definitely took a lot of time and effort to make, but this project's result isn't half bad (putting the acting aside).

I'm also pretty damn surprised you guys took it for a legit film. Actually, I take it back. The fact that you thought it was legit makes this fan made project a whole lot more awesome. XD
For a fan made trailer, this is a masterpiece. Very artistic and original in terms of CG approach mainly.

Ignoring the fact that the acting was down right hilarious, the rest was pretty much high quality. Whoever made this will definitely climb his way to the industry one day.

http://shogungamer.com/news/live-action-pokemon-movie-full-hd-trailer-and-interview-its-creators

Last edited:
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering the first second of the video explicitly states it's fan-made. You all fail for thinking it's legit :p

That aside, it was kinda cool. Cheesy and over the top which is what makes these types of live action films so terribly awful (and by terribly awful I mean awesomely amazing!). The pokemon do look kinda lame, and I'm pretty sure Mewtwo features twice, looks like he stops himself getting shot.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Boredom? You think that's what produces such a project?
It definitely took a lot of time and effort to make, but this project's result isn't half bad (putting the acting aside)
I felt that they were bored because they've created a fan trailer that doesn't even look like it would hit the theaters. From the way it looks, it seems they could have done *way* better than that if they really tried. Unless I'm overestimating their abilities and if that's the case, I apologize. :)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-=[EEF]=-Ghost;990092 said:
I felt that they were bored because they've created a fan trailer that doesn't even look like it would hit the theaters. From the way it looks, it seems they could have done *way* better than that if they really tried. Unless I'm overestimating their abilities and if that's the case, I apologize. :)
Sounds like you know them personally (?)
Did you even read the interview?

For anyone who thought our CG looks bad now, you should have seen them before!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would pay money to see this over Dragonball Evolution.

The acting is so over the top given the source material it'd be a cult following. For a fanmade video the CG was not that bad, which is what stops it from being a "cult classic" because our inner pokemon fans would rage. Keep the characters like they are, improve the CG and I would gladly see this in theaters as one of those "so bad it's good" movies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what's confusing. Several grown-ups treat the idea like it can be seen as something serious. Kind of disgusting, to say the least.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom