Plz help... I am a new mapper

Best answers
When i got to play my map... it sais " map not found on server " and i put the map files in the correct directory i think... in my esf maps folder, is that where it goes? plz help me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you compile the map, is it making a .bsp file?
That's the actual file that Half-Life understands and uses.

Best answers
umm no... lol oops i didnt relize that it wasnt, how do i fix this?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you compile the map in Valve Hammer Editor by pressing F9.
If you need to set it up for ESF, read the stickies.

Best answers
hmm
for some reason when i compile the map, it still wont make a bsp? i have read tutorials on how to set it up... i do what it sais and still nothing = [ could some one plz help me thanks

Best answers
could some one plz help me on how to fix my compiler... cause i wanna test out this map... ty

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't double post, edit your last one, if you need help, you'll get it eventually.
Anyways, post your compile log. If the compiler is set up correctly and is not making a .bsp file, then it is encountering an error in the map which must be fixed.

Best answers
YAY... but NOOO... i figured out how to make the compile make a bsp file... but now when i join a team... i cant spawn... it just shows the consol then it makes me choose a team again.. like it changed maps or something... wtf... lol i should map i think... its a sign = ] ... some one plz help me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's no problem at all, that happens whenever you try to play your map in singleplayer.
Load it over LAN to test it, and that won't happen. ;)

Best answers
oh.. ok, ty .. sorry for such a simple question... but like my topic sais "im a newb at maping " = ]
thanks tho

Best answers
lol... ok, one more question for today... why wont my map show up on the map list in langames? i had a test map that i was figuring stuff out on... and that one showed up? but this one wont? why?...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what causes that either, I'm trying to find out how to fix that myself.
To load it when it doesn't appear on the map list, you make a game with another map, then type in the console map MAPNAME, replacing MAPNAME with the name of your map.
Don't worry about asking simple questions, just don't ask questions that are answered in stickies.
You aren't born with this knowledge. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click, in my signature, "My Mapping Tutorials". Then, download the files listed, and then go to the compiling section. It will tell you everything you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom