PLUGIN: Clothing damaged by health

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm making a plugin which while you are getting your hp lower and lower, it will rip your clothes piece by piece, rip by rip. So I was asking could anyone do the skin alterations of DEFAULT esf models? I would need this ones for each charachters:

Full HP - None, already have
85 % HP - a bit damaged clothing ( torso ), maybe a rip or two
75 % HP - bigger rip on clothes ( torso ), maybe some blood and scarves, cann see a mucle or two
55 % HP - one bigger part of clothes ripped off ( torso ), more blood and scarves, can see muscles very clearly, pants are a little damaged
35 % HP - only 1 little piece of clothing is on you, can see almost all muscles, pants have more rips
15 % HP - no more torso, many blood and scarves. Pants have bigger rips now
5 % HP - obvious, many many blood and scarves, pants have really big rips, charachters is obviously isn't very well, so this one should look like really bad damaged form.

So that would be 6 edits for each model. Please guys, I'm counting on you. As soon as the models are ready, the plugin will be released along with models.

Thnx.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea, but.. Wouldn't all those model changes lag the server like nobody's business? o_O

Especially when someone fires a powerful attack at you. It'd drop your HP and go down the list of models.. major lag would be the result. It'd have to load a bunch of models all at the same time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when the aura's a model and the whole servers full of people flicking them on and off (swooping)...so surely switching between models isn't that bad?

Good luck with the battledamage, although I think skin edits of the official models are a big no-no. Also, maybe you should just have 4 varients of skins instead of 6 otherwise it would be a lot of work for not a lot of difference.

100%-75% - Default (fine)
74%-50% - a bit damaged clothing ( torso ), maybe a rip or two
49%-25% - one bigger part of clothes ripped off ( torso ), more blood and scars
24%-0% - obvious, many many blood and scars, pants have really big rips, charachters is obviously isn't very well, so this one should look like really bad damaged form.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when the aura's a model and the whole servers full of people flicking them on and off (swooping)...so surely switching between models isn't that bad?
Then why can't they do that for transforming? Why can't for SSJ3 they make the hair grow longer and longer? Because they would need a lot of models to do it, and that's bad because they said it would lag the server. Well wouldn't this be the same thing?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could be possible, shouldn't lag to much
the team would do this themselfs if it wasn't so much work to make each model

Best answers
I'm just looking around but yer good idea but I'd stick with ravendusts hp idea thing as it's got less changes (easier job for the modler) and less changes mean less lag in the long run

Best answers
If this plugin succeeds, the esf team already got pwned twice.

First fading models, now this -_-

Anyway, I'm all for this so good luck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
If this plugin succeeds, the esf team already got pwned twice.

First fading models, now this -_-

Anyway, I'm all for this so good luck
The fade can be done with the FX System, so, no. Not twice.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this could easily be done by the esf team, but they dont want to...why? because they would need to make like 5 new models/skins for each character (you could also do 2 models/skins, but that would kinda suck since the damaged clothing change would be dramatic and it would look dumb without animation...or they could do 4 model/skins, but the filesize would still be extremely large)

this would mean:

+ Goku: (Normal-SSJ 1/2/3)
+ Gohan: (Normal-SSJ 1/2)
+ Frieza: (Form 1/2/3/4)
+ Buu: (Normal-EVil Skinny, Super Buu, Kid buu)
+ Cell: (Normal-Imperfect/Perfect)
+ Piccolo: (Normal-No cape)
+ Trunks: (Normal-ssj, ussj)
+ Vegeta: (Normal-ssj 1/2[aka majin])
+ Krillin: (Normal-Mystic Krillin)
+ Andriod 18: (Normal-buddy A17)
+ Ginyu: (Normal-buddy guldo/burter/recoom)

35 Models, 35x5 = 175 models
175 models x (average) 1,5 mb = 262,5mb

so 175 models = 262,5 mb while 35 models = 52,5 mb

If the esf team would make battledamaged models/skins for each character;
A) They would need to stick ALOT more time, increasing our waiting time for ESF 1.3
B) The esf team would get very bored of making the same kind of skins/models all the time (175!!)
C) The installing file would get roughly 150 mb larger (i dont know how much the 262 mb will be compressed) increasing downloading times for people with slower internet and making it annoying

So no...the esf team wouldnt be pwned by this, they are just thinking smart and care for the community that dont want to download UBER HUGE files...but...as a plugin, people can download it IF they want too....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
35 Models, 35x5 = 175 models
175 models x (average) 1,5 mb = 262,5mb

so 175 models = 262,5 mb while 35 models = 52,5 mb
I don't know where you got the idea that you need a new model for each new skin.

You have multiple skins per model, so one good one and 3 battle damaged, it would be around 65mb-70mb for 35 models.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I don't know where you got the idea that you need a new model for each new skin.

You have multiple skins per model, so one good one and 3 battle damaged, it would be around 65mb-70mb for 35 models.
It would be cool if the 3rd or 4th damage stage was a model, because that way it can have different animations.

It could have a standing animation where he's panting or holding his chest or arm or something, to indicate woundage, or something of the sort.

You can't do that with a skin. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually you wouldn't need a seperate model for that either, you can add animations to the existing model (something like neardeath_idle, neardeath_kamehameha) and just code it so that those animations are used instead of the regular 'idle' and 'kamehameha' when the player has less than 25% health.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Actually you wouldn't need a seperate model for that either, you can add animations to the existing model (something like neardeath_idle, neardeath_kamehameha) and just code it so that those animations are used instead of the regular 'idle' and 'kamehameha' when the player has less than 25% health.
:D Cool, of course, I hadn't thought of that.

But that would require extra coding. Is that possible with plugins? Wait, of course it is, durr.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know thats actually not a bad idea, maybe they'll put it into the plugin too :]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So who will do the models/skins then?

Btw, it won't lag at all.

And also, I'm just doing for original ESF. So no EVM/BTL/EvoSSJ4 stuff.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
0.0 I can already see this plugin will require some heavy fakemeta or metamod programming. The way I see it, it would probally entail more coding, but a quicker way to do it is to make this a direct metamod plugin so that way it wouldnt have to go to the AMX(x) core.
But then again.... programers are lazy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
You know thats actually not a bad idea, maybe they'll put it into the plugin too :]
:3 Thank you. :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
EncorE_SX said:
So who will do the models/skins then?

Btw, it won't lag at all.

And also, I'm just doing for original ESF. So no EVM/BTL/EvoSSJ4 stuff.

NEAT idea

BTW what is BTL?

Best answers
For some reason I think this is gonna be A LOT of work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom