PLUGIN: Anti-Script

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Click me

DESCRIPTION:

A small plugin wipped up for one of mine friends.
I decided to release it just to get some feedback, etc.
It SHOULD block scripters, if it doesn't, let me know.
It worked just fine on mine server when I tried to script.

When it detects script, it will block it, and display clients name, steamid and ip adress.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it block specific scripts, or any scripts being run by the client?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Seems to be not working. It doesn't block every script, perhaps you need way more aliases lines to be able to block mostly all of it. Plus, could you remove the "this server is running...... anti plugin" message everytime? :p

Also, check your Private message Encore, you'll see a swoop script. Your plugin can't detect it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It didn't appear to work on my server.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well its still a beta.

New version coming soon.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
EncorE_SX said:
Well its still a beta.

New version coming soon.
I hope you did checked your "Prive Message", i'll try to send you more alias for you to block :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
k sky.

New version is baking slowly on fire XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a very bad way to try and block scripters. All they have to do is change their aliases which is easy as hell to do.

A better way would be by using HLGuard and setting the default ESF cvars and checking if anyone has different (I'm making it sound more simple than it is). Basically preventing the script's 'actions' from happening. Hard to explain.

If there are still 'scripters' in ESF v1.3 I will do this myself, but currently I have no motivation to do so.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
This is a very bad way to try and block scripters. All they have to do is change their aliases which is easy as hell to do.

A better way would be by using HLGuard and setting the default ESF cvars and checking if anyone has different (I'm making it sound more simple than it is). Basically preventing the script's 'actions' from happening. Hard to explain.

If there are still 'scripters' in ESF v1.3 I will do this myself, but currently I have no motivation to do so.
Even though it would be very nice if you would do this. Perhaps Encore could help? A lot of people using scripts are ruining the game, And i honestly dislike scipters. Just because they want the game play to be easier. I already have tried using HLGuard on a ESF server, and it does screws up some things such as the camera settings. There for i removed HLGuard again, but some modifications would be nice.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh HL guard would instaban me for using name binds, aswell as this face >=]

nge

Best answers
HL guard is buggy.

What you guys need is a simple command recorder. Admin's can review the logs over a suspisious player, and go off of that.

It really depends on the script, too. If someone were using a turbo/powerup script, no one here could argue that is unfair.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Even though it would be very nice if you would do this. Perhaps Encore could help? A lot of people using scripts are ruining the game, And i honestly dislike scipters. Just because they want the game play to be easier. I already have tried using HLGuard on a ESF server, and it does screws up some things such as the camera settings. There for i removed HLGuard again, but some modifications would be nice.

It screws up because it is set for HALF-LIFE not the TPS (Third Person 'Shooter') mod ESF.

Anyways, I guarantee something after v1.3 -OR- whenever I get really bored before v1.3

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
It screws up because it is set for HALF-LIFE not the TPS (Third Person 'Shooter') mod ESF.
I know that, i'm not that stupid. Also, HLGuard can also be used in multiple mods, such as Counter-Strike as well, not just Half-Life. Isn't it possible you can get some help to create one that can be used in ESF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom