PLS help ME! I`m beging u! It will only take 1 moment! THX

Best answers
I can`t make a server.After I press the start game button the consol appears again and saiz somethin` about a class c server. PLS HELP ME.I had the problem @ counter strike 2 but there it workd by tiping in the consol" sv_lan 0 " , here it doesn`t do anything. Pls tell me what 2 do.

With respect

Lehel. :warning:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reinstall ESF, and then restart your pc. Post back after you've done so.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What exactly are you doing? Joining a dedicated server you're hosting, or creating a listen server?

sv_lan 0 should fix that problem, but there's some other, less common things that can give you the same error message.

If you have a firewall or router, make sure you're allowing traffic through these ports.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
What exactly are you doing? Joining a dedicated server you're hosting, or creating a listen server?

sv_lan 0 should fix that problem, but there's some other, less common things that can give you the same error message.

If you have a firewall or router, make sure you're allowing traffic through these ports.
The class c error has absolutely nothing to do with which ports you have open, so that's definately not the problem. But you're also correct, you cannot join a dedicated server that you're hosting, you have to go to another pc.

Best answers
this problam normaly appears if you try to play onlin but did not have your half-life registered on steam!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's more feasible than just reinstalling everything.

Make sure if you're trying to join a dedicated server behind your router, you use its internal IP. Someone had a problem with this while trying to connect via their external IP.

And you can play on the same machine you're hosting a dedicated server from, but it's highly not recommended, and pointless. That's why there's listenservers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
but it's highly not recommended, and pointless. That's why there's listenservers.
It wouldn't be pointless. Lets say, for instance, that you're running a listen server, and you've got a whole bunch of people playing on it. If you needed you exit the game to do something, everybody gets disconnected. It's not so with a dedicated server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom