Plot forwarding quests in WoW?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey, I don't play WoW (World of Warcraft) but I think theres plot forwarding quests, (not sure) there is this quests?

Like kill the boss which appeared in Warcraft3: Reign of Chaos (Some blood elf can't remember his name)

After you kill him he spawns so how come you forwarded the plot, lol.

Can someone explain me this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean Kael'Thas ( They aren't Blood Elves at that time either ).

And, you don't kill him in WarCraft 3 nor Tft. Only at TBC because he joined forces with Illidan because he went exile for Garithos' staging reasons.

Later on, he became so obsessed on having more power, he made a deal with Kil'Jaeden to get even more Fel energy. And so, Blood elves left his cause ( Left earlier than when Kael'Thas established Tempest Keep ) because he started to think only for himself, not his people.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol how you know all this stuff..

No but I mean, like a guild kills him, then he spawns and can fight again another guild, or the same guild again...

That looks ridiculously stupid, die one time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean, he shouldn't be killable after he has been killed by the elite guilds ?

That doesn't make sense. Why would you do that? In lore, the characters killed, will stay dead. You can't do that for MMORPG or there wouldn't be anything to raid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like you haven't played WarCraft or even never heard of it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warcraft has a huge storyline, and it's pretty interesting if you're into fantasy stories.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can pretty much just ignore the story in WoW, though. It really isn't that important.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. It's a nice extra if you're interested in that sort of thing though.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a big extra actually, the world is pretty detailed!
each race ( except gnomes :( ) have very detailed backgrounds which go much futher then race a attacked race b and won/lost

http://www.wowwiki.com <- that should keep you occupied for a few days xD

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're interested in the Lore of the Warcraft universe, stick with the books. (Avoid Knaak at all costs.)
Otherwise, you'll hate yourself for being addicted to the MMO of Warcraft, a masochist for playing the game and playing through the slow butcher of lore and story.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't give a **** about the story, but I still liked the game. But it was still nice to have a story, and I tried to pay attention when I could. :/

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
it's a big extra actually, the world is pretty detailed!
each race ( except gnomes :( ) have very detailed backgrounds which go much futher then race a attacked race b and won/lost

http://www.wowwiki.com <- that should keep you occupied for a few days xD
Yeah if you want lore just read **** off Wowwiki, you won't believe how much there is.

While WoW does have some background story, there's no actual plot to it. You do what you want to do, and while the quests do add on to each other in lots of cases, every player can do them, so it's not much of a lore either.

I guess you can always consider WoW's story an extension of Warcraft's story. But the game itself has no storyline.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Nixanthros is for the most part correct, though there is little to no story in WoW, there is an enormous amount of lore behind everything. It's actually one of the reasons I play my Paladin. There's more lore behind the Paladin than any other class.

However, to answer the orignal poster's thread; Don't expect to play the game and get a huge story out of it. And the most accomplishing thing for guilds is when they kill a boss for the first time, and raid instances reset every week, so that boss stays dead for quite some time. And I understand where you're coming from, but if the boss stayed dead forever, then no one would ever get loot and would never get to andvance into the game. And if he dropped all his loot at once for everyone to pick up, then everyone would be epic'd out in tier 6 by the end of the month. Then people would get bored and stop playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom