Please help me with 3d studio max

Best answers
Ok, here's my problem, after I've created a couple of lines, I select two points and hist fuse, so they go on top of one another, right? Then I hit weld, but they don't weld. So I set the number on weld to 999999 just in case. They still don't weld... The weld tool is supposed to take two verticies and make them one, right? Or is that another tool? Please help me, I am gonna start a new model *again* cause I messed up on kid buu so much (his face features are like facing downards while his head is forward lol) Anyway, if you have refs that match up perfectly, could you post them up here? ans when I say perfect, I mean, perfect. I need to practice modeling, but when the left viewport perfectly fits with the ref, and the front it's like 10 units higher, it kind screws me up, alot. Bt I just wanna practice, so, perfect refs and the welding thing, please.

sorry for the rant, just realized how much I wrote.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, you need to make a custom key for welding, like mine is set to ctrl+w. Then in edit poly or edit mesh, set the weld threshold to 9999. Then select the two verts and hit your weld key or keys. There is another way to do it, but I find this to be the easiest.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you make sure both vertecies are connected via an edge first?

Best answers
See, that's the thing, I am in the line mode thing, and when I click connect it does not make a edge... I think. This is what I wanna know, how to connect to verticies of lines that are not connected. Like if I make two seperate lines, and then attach them, how do I connect the verticies? It's driving me nuts!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to be in vertex mode, select the two vertecies, and then connect.

for the record, people with this level of skill shouldnt be using 3dsmax unless they are in school using it, in which case they wouldnt be asking these questions. because its a waste of money for them, unless of course, you procured the software illegaly.

Best answers
I don't know how WELD tool works, however to make two verts one I use TARGET WELD and it's working. Try my way...

Best answers
I should take that out of my profile...

Thanks for the tip

Best answers
MAybe not out of th profile, anybod have a tutorial or guide and how to connect the splines, like, when ever I try connecting them and then do surface, half of them don't show up even though I'm sure I did it right... anybody know how to do that shiz right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom