Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo revolution.

Which System(s) are you going to get

• Playstation 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Nintendo Revolution

• None

• Total voters
Best answers
Just a simple poll asking what console(s) your going to buy (if any) for me, I plan on buying the revolution because im a nintendo fan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no console among those three that I will just go out and buy the minute it's out. Experience has taught me not to fall for hypes, even though Nintendo has been the least disappointing to me all these years.

I'm least likely to go and buy an XBox 360 though. The original XBox never appealed to me and most likely its successor won't either.

The Revolution is still shrouded in mystery: anything can happen. I'll wait for my cousin to buy one, then go over to his place to see what it's like.

The PS3 looks powerful and promising, but they also promised great things for the PS2, things we all know were never realized, or far too little, seeing as how the PS2 was raped by many a cheap developer and only a few titles really tried hard to pull everything out of the PS2, such as Transformers, Zone of The Enders, among others. The PS2 suffered from its own popularity, especially with EA games; they just had to also be for PS2, so they half-assed it and you ended up with a mediocre product that could've been so much more. The PS2 had only a handful franchises that were PS2 only, like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, et cetera, but IMO they never had the power of a franchise such as Zelda or Mario.

The XBox, IMO, has always been a bit like the PS2, only more powerful. Trying to be a little bigger, a little badder, and adding competent online capabilities. It's like the PS2 in that they pretty much had the same games (except for XBox exclusives of course). To me, the XBox never really did anything new that particularly interested me. I see no reason for the XBox to radically alter its course, so it will likely remain uninteresting to me.

Okay, so that was a little long and drawn-out, but my main point is that I'll just wait and see, and if I like any of the new consoles and their games, I'll go out and buy one.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Revolution first for me, then after 2 more years of selling my body I'll be able to afford a 360 or PS3

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll never buy a console
PC > Console

but I have to say... the only Console I had was the SNES and I still love it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac said:
I'll never buy a console
PC > Console

but I have to say... the only Console I had was the SNES and I still love it
Lemme tell you, I have a SNES, an N64, a PS2 and a Gamecube, but I still play on my SNES every once in a while, it's hooked up right next to my other consoles :3 I'm never throwing it away or selling it. It's part of my youth, I've had the thing for years, but besides that, it's just an awesome console with great games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo lost me with the GC, so now Im a devout Xbox fan. I guess my hatred for all things Japanese overpowered my hatred of all things MS.

I'll just wait and see
The best advice Ive heard.

Best answers
I"ll take the nintendo revolution before any of these other gaming consoles anyday of the week. Im a fan of sony just as much as nintendo and all, but the hype for the PS3 is being exaggerated beyond beleif. The playstation 3 just seems to me like another over hyped peice of hardware from a company that barley brings anything new and innovative too the gaming industry at all. And this time around with the PS3, it just seems like empty promises of something revolutionary that i have yet too see, besides some over exaggerated chip there going on about, which dosen't impress me at all.

I probally won't be buying it but i won't go into detail about any of this too keep from starting a console war. I wasn't a fan of microsoft's xbox at all this time around but i might consider gettng the XB360 though, it all depends on their game line up this time, last time it was unappealing, but we"ll see how they do this time around though.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing as how most of the quality games of the current generation came out for the PS2, I'll be most likely to get a PS3 first. An XB360 might be after. But as it stands, I can't see myself buying anything from Nintendo ever again.

Best answers
I'm not buying you ANY consoles, k?

I'm probably not going to buy any console for awhile... My computer is too dear and near, and less expensive for me to continue playing.

But if I do, it'll likely be Revolution..... I can't pass up LoZ.

Best answers
Well, Xbox360 is coming out first, so I'll buy that. Then I'll buy the PS3. Then I'll buy the Revolution - provided it doesn't end up being crap.
I couldn't limit myself to one console when there will no doubt be great exclusive games for all three.

Best answers
Im gonna get the Revolution. I like Nintendo games. Nice and fun with out the need for guns and such. I leave my violent shooting game fun for the PC.

Best answers
Hehehe time for some good news for those going in for the Revolution...
In my hands I have TIPS&TRICKS. The only magazine that can give you some stuff on consoles. Yayyy. Alright My hands will hurt after this but here I go. Ill only state some of its features nothing like the 3 very long paragraphs in the mag:

-A small sleek box that looks like 3 DVD cases stacked (PROTOTYPE)
-Bound to be god damn smaller >.>
-512 Megabytes of internal <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=flash%20memory" onmouseover="window.status='flash memory'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">flash memory</a> (substitute for main hardrive)
-A bay for SD <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=memory%20card" onmouseover="window.status='memory card'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">memory card</a> (expands That ^^^)
-Self-loading bay that can load 12-centimeter discs ans GC discs.
-DVD compatible! But have to buy a component for it :(
-Download access to 20 years of Nintendo games (Ta da! The best feature to date for me :) )
-Nintendo says that the controller will be revolutionary (hence Nintendo: Revolution )
EDIT: A few more things:
-It will be online compatible without all that crap needed (Rumor not in Tips&tricks)
-A new online gaming service called: Nintendo wi-fi Connection (Look above... It is still rumored however)

Welll.... it would be very hard for me to make this stuff up >.<

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robby said:
-Download access to 20 years of Nintendo games (Ta da! The best feature to date for me :) )
Thats been confirmed? I thought it was just a rumor.

Anyways, I may not get any consoles this time around. If I do decide to get one though, it'll be the Revolution.

Best answers
You can't argue with Tips & Tricks man...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me just make a note that this thread is asking for which consoles you are planning on getting - that's all. This is not a battle of the specs or any sort of console war, for that matter. We'll be watching.

Having said that, I have my eyes on Sony's monster of a console (The PS3), as well as Nintendo's Revolution. I cannot see myself buying an X-Box 360 after being so disappointed with the X-Box my bro and I invested in. I don't know which I'll get first of the 2 I mentioned... I suppose price will be a factor, as well as launch titles.

Best answers
both the PS3 and XBOX360. Since supposedly the 360 comes out this october/november, it'll hold me off till the PS3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
revolution for me, if the new game Shigeru is working on is released with the revolution, or the new online Super Smash Brothers is released as well then i'll get it, if not, i'll probably wait a while then get the revolution. I used to be a huge nintendo fanboy, but now i don't really care anymore; im going with the revolution since i virtually never played any Xbox titles except Project Gotham Racing and Halo, and the only 4 games i had on my PS2 were Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X and GTA 3 and VC, and i like too many of Nintendo's games whether they are re-releases or not. Im not really a fan of console fps, i need my mouse lol :p

also, Robby, the Wi-Fi connection isnt a rumour, it was stated at the press conference at E3

Best answers
OMG HAVEN'T POSTED IN AGES!

Anyway, I'll probably buy Nintendo Rev first..why?
/me = pro Melee players
SMASH BROS ONLINE OMG yaaaaay!
And second I'll buy Ps3....
And someone will buy my an Xbox360 if I win our bet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom