Playstation 3 Tips?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I recently found out that I am having a PS3 shipped to me. Parents say they want it for the blu-ray, but also because they know I've had my eye on it.

I was not expecting to get a PS3 this early at all and I've heard mixed reviews/problems with it. So to those who have a Playstation 3, do I need to buy anything that doesn't come out of the box? Like cables and whatnot, any overheating tips, recommendations, things like that?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Okay I recently found out that I am having a PS3 shipped to me. Parents say they want it for the blu-ray, but also because they know I've had my eye on it.

I was not expecting to get a PS3 this early at all and I've heard mixed reviews/problems with it. So to those who have a Playstation 3, do I need to buy anything that doesn't come out of the box? Like cables and whatnot, any overheating tips, recommendations, things like that?
It's a console, you shouldn't really have to worry about any of that..?

atleast.. I really hope you don't have to worry about stuff like that!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the only piece of advice one needs when it comes to the PS3 is remember not to play for extended periods of time. I heard it has a tendency to freeze up or just stop working if you do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have the TV for it, HDMI baby, get your full 1080p whack!

The PS3 doesn't come with an HDMI cable out of the box, so get a decent one (I reccomend Monster Cables), get a 1.3 compliant one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i reccomend taking good care of it. and keeping it in the plastic sleeve to keep it shiney and dust free.

my second (factory warranty replacement) 360 just ****ed out on me yesterday. I'm selling all my games and getting guitar stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my second (factory warranty replacement) 360 just ****ed out on me yesterday. I'm selling all my games and getting guitar stuff.
Wow, that just sucks. Is the factory warranty replacement guaranteed as well, or are you SOL?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've got to be doing something wrong dude. I have taken mine out of the house and all over town, piled it in my backseat, and it still works great...

As for the PS3 my only advice would be to make sure you are using it's visual potential to the maximum of your ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom