Playstation 3 Reservations Begins Tomorrow

Best answers
GameStop and EB Games will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 console on Tuesday, October 10, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to deplete this allocation very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at this time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $100 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

Our limited online pre-order program will be announced at a later date, after software and accessory availability dates are confirmed. Online product pricing and availability will vary and will be fulfilled independent of store reservations.
Anyone actually going to reserve it, first thing tomorrow morning ?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
If I had the money I would =/

That's cool though, it'll show us just how popular the ps3 is.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heeeell No.

Makes me wonder why I asked gamestop when they would take orders multiple times.

It is going to be way too hectic trying to get a hold of one and my thoughts go out to the parents struggling to get that one item their child wants. I am going to wait until the PS3 gets some public spotlight and when they are easier to come by.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Almost all of the first versions of consoles have had some sort of hardware problem, i think i'll wait until PS3 v.2 comes out =)

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Heeeell No.

Makes me wonder why I asked gamestop when they would take orders multiple times.

It is going to be way too hectic trying to get a hold of one and my thoughts go out to the parents struggling to get that one item their child wants. I am going to wait until the PS3 gets some public spotlight and when they are easier to come by.
That's true. The Playstation 3 hype is quite frightening. There are already people camping out right now, solely for pre-orders. Some stores, have already told people, not to even bother coming tomorrow. I might wait until early next year myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
No, I am not going to reserve it, first thing tomorrow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^^^^^^^^^^^ is alone, I guess.

(You guys must really hate me, getting a 360 two weeks before preordering a PS3, heh)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always wait until some time afterwards to buy a console. I don't see the point of having to wait in a very long line of customers, some of which had camped the night, just so I can pre-order a game console.

I still don't get why all these people are that obsessed with getting one right away or finding a means of getting it sooner (pre-ordering), but that's just me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol because it's "The ****ing Playstation 3!", the same can be said with the Wii and 360. If I won a contest and got a free PS3, I'd be celebrating.

When the Gamecube came out, I wanted right away and got it for Christmas because "it's out...You want it...Now get it!", that kind of feeling. But recently, purchasing Next-Gen consoles is turning me off a bit.

-The crowds I saw stampeding to get a 360...Just not worth a Christmas Present
-The constant 360s overheating was just dissapointing and I would be PISSED if my long-awaited PS3 blew up on me.
-I really, really don't feel like dealing with "Sorry, we restock next week"
-I must admit, the anti-hype of the PS3 has gotten me a bit worried and I wanna see if people were just spewing crap or if it really is as bad as it has made to seem.

My PS2 will keep me warm for now :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to say I was, but Wii is top priority right now.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
^^^^^^^^^^^ is alone, I guess.

(You guys must really hate me, getting a 360 two weeks before preordering a PS3, heh)
Tbh we really don't care.

I've already got my Wii all nice and pre-ordered with a bunch of games and stuff, in the end it's gonna be costing me as much as a ps3- but hey im getting a multitude of games and extra controlers.

I would maybe get one pre-ordered here in Australia because it wouldn't be that difficult- but I don't trust sony, the ps2 had problems on day 1 and I will not be suprised if the ps3 does the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't be preordering a PS3.

I won't be getting one until a big price drop. -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only meant because no one seems to be able to afford it, but since I bought both so close to each other it shows how much money I had to burn. Didn't mean anything by it.

My PS2 had some problems but nothing I couldn't deal with. It didn't start DRE'ing until it's fifth year which in my opinion is where a machine that took the kind of abuse I dished out should be about ready to die anyway.

Though maybe I won't preorder it. The Xbox will be keeping me busy for a long time coming already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not always about 'being able to afford it'. That's too harsh.

Some people just don't think the machine is worth that much. That's different.

Best answers
I was thinking about charging 100 bucks on it but neh, ill wait till next year.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the fine print of the Ebgames/Gamespot preorder--preordering does not guarantee you a PS3 on Launch Day.. So why bother giving Ebgames money that they can earn interest on in the meantime? =p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't have the cash really. The last console I bought was the N64 :).

Sony don't really do it for me.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
If you read the fine print of the Ebgames/Gamespot preorder--preordering does not guarantee you a PS3 on Launch Day.. So why bother giving Ebgames money that they can earn interest on in the meantime? =p
Which is why I don't really understand the point of reserving, if I weren't guaranteed a Playstation 3, during launch day. I thought that was the initial point, of reserving to begin with. The same thing happen with the Xbox 360 though; I guess people haven't really learned their lessons, after getting their consoles up to four or five months later then people who didn't even bother to reserve it. I suppose, Gamestop(Ebgames) sure has, either way.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ps3/sweepstakes.asp

Due to high demand and limited quantities, our U.S. in-store pre-order for the PlayStation 3 has ended.
I guess if I do decide to get one next month, i'll be standing outside of Best Buy in the cold, two hours before it actually opens. I really hope my patience level, grows over time by then. I was hoping to purchase one in early March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom