Playstation 3 Launch Causes Violence

Best answers
This was so like, totally expected. After all, when you see 60 to 200+ people waiting at Best Buy for a console deep down inside you say, "I want it, me too." America is a country of hype and naturally we can see that people like it--that we would have a desire for it too; By any means necessary to some. Especially, when you consider the astronomical prices it's actually selling for on ebay.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I blame Sony, as well as people. I blame Sony because they're retarded and didn't make enough consoles. But I blame people for being greedy and utterly retarded to cause violence over a god damned console.

Because of **** like this, I'm not going to get a PS3, i'll just be safe knowing I can walk out of the store safely with my wii. I can touch it, stroke it, I can caress my wii all I want and no one will think twice about it.

Best answers
Yes... it's always Sony's fault. As if it wouldn't have happened if they sent over another 500,000. I didn't hear about any violence in Japan... and they had only 100,000.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Impression if your looking for Sony to be treated fairly you're on the wrong board. This entire section is nothing but Sony haters, unfortunately.

Either way, blaming Sony for this is just ridiculous. Why not just blame them for September 11th, while you're at it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the people's fault for being so impatient, go to sleep at home, wait until morning, then go buy what you want, it's not worth camping out of a store, the PS3 isn't going to vanish if you just wait a little while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the people's fault for being so impatient, go to sleep at home, wait until morning, then go buy what you want, it's not worth camping out of a store, the PS3 isn't going to vanish if you just wait a little while.
Couse it won't vanish. It will be bought out by all crazy-fans.

I heard about this, I laughed. It's ridiculous how crazy people get.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't help but think of this when I read that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does it suck? yes

but was it unexpected? **** no >_>,

tbh if i was there, and an opportunity presented itself that i could get a free ps3 without consequence (knowing that i wouldnt get caught) i would probably nab me one as well, JK

go to sleep at home, wait until morning, then go buy what you want
"what you want" in this case will be gone by morning, and the morning after that, and the morning after that, etc, to people that arent patient enough to wait til next year to get one, camping out at a store waiting for a shipment is probabaly your best bet, (or paying 2x its price on ebay)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either way, blaming Sony for this is just ridiculous. Why not just blame them for September 11th, while you're at it?
THE DEMOCRATS TOOK THE SENATE BACK, NOW WE HAVE NO PS3S LOL

^severe sarcasm to those who can't see it

It's not Sony's fault, though I thought those who said it was were just messing around. They could have made more than the Wii did (if that was even possible), and people would still fight over it, because it's the next playstation. X-Box 360 was the first sequel to an X-Box. Playstation already has a track record and has had more hype than the Wii.

I hope it doesn't get like this for the Wii. I just expect to see some Wiimote dueling, not shooting.

Best answers
I blame Sony, as well as people. I blame Sony because they're retarded and didn't make enough consoles. But I blame people for being greedy and utterly retarded to cause violence over a god damned console.

Because of **** like this, I'm not going to get a PS3, i'll just be safe knowing I can walk out of the store safely with my wii.
The odds are that the same things can happen with the Wii's, maybe just a little less robbers and killers because its cheaper. However waiting for few weeks or months after the first release could be the easiest way of obtaining PS3. If you wait for a year you can probably get it cheaper too. However they should at least have one police officer patrolling the areas where the consoles are going to get released in the future.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I expected something like that to happen...
When tons of people standing in a line when each has around more then 400 bucks on him...

I'm just suprised there wasnt any police or security around...but then again, maybe it wasnt expected from their point of view and they didnt saw it nessesery.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you want to blame Sony for the limited production of consoles? They hire people to come up with estimates and Sony bases the production of the Playstation 3 on those estimates. From what I can gather, the reason why a small amount of consoles were made and released has to do with the amount of money they put in for producing them. Meaning that they are very expensive to produce, so what they do, is release a certain amount of consoles which could cover a certain percentage of the production costs, and then gradually make more and more units.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Impression if your looking for Sony to be treated fairly you're on the wrong board. This entire section is nothing but Sony haters, unfortunately.
...and Nintendo-bashers, and some of the more open anti-Microsoft folks, too. Sony isn't the only corporation that takes hits here, nor is it public enemy #1 in this section, either, and we all know that ;/

Having said that, I am not surprised that the level of violence described in the link erupted; why some people are blaming Sony for that is beyond me; after all, robbery existed long before the PS3 was released =P

It is unfortunate, but it was going to happen - as someone above said, there were tons of people in line who had several hundred dollars to buy a PS3, or, in other cases, had a PS3; those are prime targets for a mugging.

Best answers
If Sony knew there was going to be such a high demand, they should have had more ready for the release. HOWEVER, the shootings were not Sony's fault. It's not suprising that someone would try to steal some cash when hundreds of people in line have 500-600 dollars.

Best answers
The odds are that the same things can happen with the Wii's, maybe just a little less robbers and killers because its cheaper.
nah probably not, theres can be about 200 times as many wii's as there will be ps3's, every store i've talked to said that even if you didn't pre order you can still get one before christmas easily. Heck the local game crazy here is getting triple digit wii's, although i do live in the hometown of nintendo america.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats why im asking myself... why isnt there one console, one engine for every game? huh?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then there would be no competition, the games and the consoles alike would suck balls. As they wouldnt need to make it super powerful/fun to beat out the competition,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom