Playlist help

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hey i just started using the playlist thing but its crashing... whenever i check the box to enable mp3s and say applyl it crashes. i searched for threads on this but none really help although i think u guys probly know how to fix it. help PLZ THANX

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried reinstalling esf to see if that solves the problem?. Problems with the mp3 player have plauged me before, but sometimes after playying esf & then tryying to use the playlist editor have worked before. If you can't get it at all to work just enter the location of that file (example: d\music\songname.mp3) in the playlist .txt & .def files.

If this is a ingame problem, then try reinstalling esf.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok ive reinstalled the game twice and i still have the same problem. should i change my audio settings or something?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is a file called playlist.txt (or something like that)

You write the paths to the MP3s in that list. Each song in a new row.

Save it and that should put the songs ingame.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yes i do that using the playlist editor in the mp3 folder. the problem is everytime i check the enable mp3 box in the advanced options menu and then click apply or ok the game crashes. any suggestions?

*edit
btw the music does start playing the only problem is the crash

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got an idea, find your config.cfg file in your esf folder, open it in notepad and look for the line:

cl_mp3player "0"

change the "0" to "1" and save it, hopefully it'll work =] if it crashes everytime u load the game though go back and save it with the "0" other than that, i haven't got a clue :x

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I got an idea, find your config.cfg file in your esf folder, open it in notepad and look for the line:

cl_mp3player "0"

change the "0" to "1" and save it, hopefully it'll work =] if it crashes everytime u load the game though go back and save it with the "0" other than that, i haven't got a clue :x
ill try this, if it doesnt work i can always play music on itunes in the bg :/

*edit*
thnx it works i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom