Playing Mass Effect 2(Spoilers included)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah, playing it.

Really annoyed how they used the Dues Ex Machina cop out for Shepard. "Oh yes, he DOES die, like in the trailer...but because of advancements in Tech, he can now be revived, not cloned, or a cyborg, but actually him...despite the doctors claiming that all that was left of him was a pile of organs...

Gameplay has improved, no unlimited ammo, and all new guns pretty much, kinda odd though, because I guess it means in 2 years they've gone back to Magazines, instead of fully self-sustaining weapons.

I'm about 2 hours & 30 minutes in, and so far, it's enjoyable. No more RPG like stats too. I mean, you have HP that increases a little bit, and "Skills"

Accuracy is now based upon the user, not level of skill the user has a with a weapon. It's alot more...skill-based, I guess you could say?

New characters are better than the old ones. They kept Seth Green, and now Garrus is a badass called "ArchAngel" and he kicks some serious ass, taking out entire merc groups by himself. The new love interest is awesome, she's ****y, smart, and got a nice can to boot.

All of the "PG13'ish" moments are gone so far from what I've seen.

The morality choices are intense. Just recently I was undercover in this Merc thing and this guy was repairing a Gunship and I used my "Renegade" points to take the welder, come up behind him, and tell him he's been working to hard, and then weld him in his spine. Then I proceeded to kill all the other Mercs, even ones that were just joining for the hunt and most likely innocent. :p

Good choices result in you using Force, too, you just don't seriously inure them. Such as breaking their weapons or threatening them violently.

The fact is, even importing your character, it makes no different. You get to keep your look, sure, though due to the new creation options, your character looks 5% different than before. Your level means nothing, as it's reset within minutes of playing, back to 1, or 2, depending if your imported. Imported characters get 20,000c & 2,500 of each resource, and you keep your Paragon / Renegade points...not a huge deal in a sense.

No more inventory, you now just buy weapons and they replace slots. I hear alot of people disliked the inventory of ME1. The new weapons and weapon sounds are good, though the SMG's are just Pistols, slightly enlarged.

As I said before, the new characters make the ones in ME1 suck even more than they did. These ones make believable scenes and impressions, you feel a sense of epicness, which was only felt a few times in ME1, in just one epic moment in ME2, you feel all of ME1's epic combined.

Not much else to say, only 2 hours and 30 minutes in, but so far you've been given some choices that make some big differences.

The only part that REALLY pisses me off is, the characters are like; "Shepard? You're alive.", and you go "Yeah, I am.", and they go "Alright."

Not like "WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED?! WE SAW YOU DIE OF SUFFOCATION AND FALL INTO AN ATMOSPHERE AND BURN UP"

They just don't react to it. Shepard is better than ever, he knows how to present the lines in this.

Overall, the game feels more mature. Decisions from the first game actually make very little difference, except whom is talked about as bad or good and who you'd be able to recruit.

I just find it odd when you import a char, you're given the option of changing their face, class, but not the name, which is defaulted to John Shepard...tis odd.

It's been worth playing so far, but we'll see in the future.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I so do not work at a review site and I so did not get a screening copy for release review. ;P

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesnt that mean you are technically leaking info?

So what are you playing it on XBOX or PC

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you have access to a game that isn't even out yet?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen, leaking or not, as long as they don't specifically come here, I think I'm O-K.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're leaking info? That's sure a nice way to get fired. Maybe I should find out what site you do reviews for.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh pipe down dam >.>

Your beeing quite stiff recently :s

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny how no one comments on the actual game =/

OH GOD, the SEXY BRITISH FEMALE IN THIS GAME IS CLONED...FROM A MAN! WITH GENETIC ALTERATIONS!

What does that make her?

A man who got a sex change...somehwat? Ugh, ruined.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but i refuse to read any of the first post.

Dont want any spoilers going on. Probably the same for everyone ^^

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And yet you enter a thread with Spoilers in the title. I love humanity. :p

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The game isn't out. There's nothing to comment on.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
He isn't leaking. The game was leaked onto the internet a few days ago. He simply pirated the game.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's even more disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom