Playing import games without a mod chip?

Best answers
Well, I'm interested in buying Kengo 3 for the PS2. The only problem is, it was only ever released in Japan :(
So I'm wondering, is there any way to play import games on PS2 without a mod chip?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's illegal either [so lets not bring warez into this]

But I know there is a game importer for the game cube. Im sure you can find something on ebay. Modchips are a last resort I would say....

Best answers
Yeah, I just checked that slide card thing. Unfortunately, I have the newer "slim" PS2 and looking at the way it works, I don't think it would work with mine :(
I think I've got my older PS2 around somewhere, so I guess I could try that if I can't find anything else.

Edit: Looks like there's a version for the slim PS2 aswell, albeit with no instructions.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell yeah! I'm definately getting one of those so I can play backups of games I've never owned *wink wink*!

DMW

Best answers
I found a No solder(dont gotta open) mod chip and swap magic bundle,you can play import games and back up games.Please before buying READ FOR DETAILS(duh) and its only 40 bucks together in the bundle. http://www.modchip.com/ps2/swapmagic.php here is the link,and again read before buying so you wont buy 1 thing you dont need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom