Player Floating Off The Ground...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, before you don't bother reading my post, screaming at me telling me to read the stickies, i have. All of it, but i'm stuck on this.

I have the hullfile.txt in my esf folder, and when im on Valve Hammer Editor i click F9. I've been told to set stuff with some csg, but its all gibberish to me.
Heres how i've set it up...

(in the Parameters bar it says "-hullfile c:\Sierra\Half-Life\esf\hulls.txt -nowadtextures -texdata 8192 -high $path\$file" since thats what it said in the sticky, only thing is, i don't know if this is the right place to put it. (yes, i do have the hulls.txt in my esf folder)

If anyone could tell me where i'm going wrong and if i'm putting anything in the wrong place, i'd be grateful, because i'm a stupid person, and the sticky explanation went straight through me =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try using Nem's Batch Compiler (link to it in signature). It is a lot easier to use and saves you memory and time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i would, but i really don't understand anything on there. Anywho, another thing i noticed thats probably the cause of my problem....

By the looks, it doesn't recognise my hulls.txt file.

Help ?

Best answers
Make sure that the directory structure and file name match what you have specifically on your computer.

It looks like it doesn't see it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a tutorial to explain it in the link in my signature. It is really very easy.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rename it to hulls.hul and you'll be fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry guys, i fixed it. Me being stupid, wrote it in the wrong parameter line thing :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help anyway :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure to use HLCC Nem's or the other one. Don't use Valve hammer editor's. I think you should use the HLCC.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean don't use valve hammer editor's compiler, it's difficult for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah right, well i knew that you meant that. I've just made my first map and have run across no probs at all with it, although your not the first person i've seen recommend another. Anyone care to explain why?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using a batch compiler, let's you just activate a feature, instead of typing all this crazy mumbo jumbo in the right lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom