Playable Rosat?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a thought... but would it be possible to make the new Rosat playable in? I rely alot on points of reference, ie. the ground, to know where I am during a fight, so having an invisible box with a single building in the bottom isn't an ideal (to say nothing of dull) fighting location. Am I moving? Have I stopped? Did I miss that drop? Am I against a wall/roof/floor?

Case in point: Am I moving? Have I stopped? Did I miss that drop? Am I against a wall/roof/floor?

The answer? I don't know.

With the limited number of servers, coupled with the fact that many servers have 1 hour map rotations, my precious ESF time can be completely taken away by un-good maps. I know the team has a new Rosat made, or at least a WIP, but have you put any thought toward making the damn thing playable?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its playable.. lol. We have a 'wall' that you can see that could be a guide as to where the invisible wall is.

Best answers
But thats the fun part and challenging part of rosat to figure out where u are,
It doesnt only challenge u against your opponent but also the enviroment

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Just a thought... but would it be possible to make the new Rosat playable in? I rely alot on points of reference, ie. the ground, to know where I am during a fight, so having an invisible box with a single building in the bottom isn't an ideal (to say nothing of dull) fighting location. Am I moving? Have I stopped? Did I miss that drop? Am I against a wall/roof/floor?

Case in point: Am I moving? Have I stopped? Did I miss that drop? Am I against a wall/roof/floor?
Wasnt your description on ROSAT exacly what its supossed to be in the show. I mean ROSAT was a dangereous invironment. If you got lost you were never found. And if you ask me the map represents it allmost perfectly. Since its as confusing as it was ment to be from the show.

Basicly you are saying to make ROSAT to what it shouldnt be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The doorway area with the giant hourglasses is a good way of judging how high/far you are relative to the edges of the map. I usually try and steer the fight towards that area so you don't drift off...just like in the show =P

Best answers
this idea is build into mine rosat map...
evo_lookout will be released with evs

Best answers
There is nothing wrong with rosat like Grega said it was intended to be like the show

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the info Darktooth and KWS. I had forgotten how the new one looked, and I take it the mist/cloud represents the walls?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats your point? You have to see the walls? nah... Lets all play in vast nothingness! PWN!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Theres still no point of referance, you can't see where the ground is and can't see where the walls are.
Auctally the mist on the floor is like one hundred billion times easy to see where the ground is just like there was any ground. And the walls are easier to see where you are because there is green on one side of the map, red on the other. Plus when you get towards the edge... I dunno you sorta "feel" the edge. Its just hard to explain. DJ did a good job on that map.

Also I have one of the crappiest computers to run for graphics for ESF (I can not even run openGL), but that map has verry few FPS drops for me. So I like it. Again I said, there was a few problems with the map, I told DJ about them (and even showed them to him). Just a few clip box problems and a few dark spot problems, but should be fixed in no time.

Either way, the ROSAT building is bigger, so it creates a better center of refrence, but I dont believe there was any size sacrificed in the overall size of the map. I think its a bit smaller, but that is better to localize more battles.

Best answers
i would say that the ESF representation of ROSAT is true to the show. However, i agree with the OP that it is not that, eh, easily accustomable to. IMO, the ESF team should look towards the budokai version of ROSAT for inspiration. I dont have a screenshot, but if you have played the game you will know what i mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom