play what game on the who now?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just wondering if people have preferances as to what game genres they prefer to play on either console or pc...

i for one perfer rpgs on the console, rpgs on the comp tend to make me fall asleep for some reason o_O

platform games aka 3rd person games [sort of] (like ninja gaiden or mgs2.. i think) are much easier to play on the console aswell..

first person shooters are by far better to play on the pc...

strategy games (wc3, etc...) are almost impossible to play on console...

sports games: console

Retired
Best answers
Beat 'em ups: Console (NO DISCUSSION POSSIBLE :p)
RPG's: mostly console, however it's not bad when on PC
FPS: PC
RTS: PC
3rd person: Console (yes splinter cell is nicer on console aswell, however you do have a first person kinda thing like aiming with the gun, but it doesn't focus on that. but when it comes to games like Brute Force, it becomes a pickle. I don't really like brute force in general, and it was made as a real console game but aiming would be a lot easier on PC. so 3rd person can go in both directions.)

Best answers
I prefer absolutly any game on the PC. It makes no difference if it's a fighter or a sports game. If my Logitech Wingman works, like it has for every game before it, then it's as good as the console.
And I disagree with Splinter Cell being better on the XBox, played both and I prefer the PC version much more. The only FPS that is better on XBox than the PC is Halo. Because of the absolutly TERRIBLE GOD AWFUL port that they did. Game runs like ****. On MY computer. Compare the XBox to my computer. Come on.
Not to mention the very nice lack of visible Pixels on the monitor, rather than the 320x240 resolution of a T.V.
Played MGS2 Substance on my computer, ran better than the PS2 version, controller worked great, and I thought it was simply better because of it.
Played Legacy of Kain: Defiance on my computer, like before, 3rd person action game, (like Ninja Gaiden, but not comparable of course) controller worked great, no choppyness and with AA and AF no pixelation.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you have a controller its like cheating... cheater

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
just wondering if people have preferances as to what game genres they prefer to play on either console or pc...

i for one perfer rpgs on the console, rpgs on the comp tend to make me fall asleep for some reason o_O

platform games aka 3rd person games [sort of] (like ninja gaiden or mgs2.. i think) are much easier to play on the console aswell..

first person shooters are by far better to play on the pc...

strategy games (wc3, etc...) are almost impossible to play on console...

sports games: console
I agree with everything you said except I think RPG's on PC are almost always hack and slash pieces of trash.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i said i just cant play rpgs on the comp for some reasson... teh boring

Best answers
Beat um up are the only game i really hate to play on PC. RPG is best on PC, altho my view in "RPG" is mostly "MMORPG" since thats all the RPG i play thees days X_x.

Rest is all PC. No doubt.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... with my comp being out of date, basically. I find myself playing only real time strategy games on the PC, and leaving all the first person shooters, fighting games, platform, and sports games for my x-box and ps2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I don't really prefer any genre to a PC or a console. If the developer knows what there doing, they can make it work on either one.

Most of the time though, they don't. So generally, I tend to have most my FPS and RTS games on my PC, while the rest of the genres go to my consoles (keeping in mind that I don't have a good comp, nor a joystick or gamepad).

Best answers
I have to agree with Tassadar...

PCs generally produce higher framerates and better IQ than consoles, but that might change with the next-gen consoles. Also, the great thing about PC is that they're customizable, unlike consoles.
As for controlling, keyboard + mouse, joystick, gamepad, etc... Controllers for the PC are cheaper, and they can feel and look vastly different since there's no official default gamepad PC developers base their control schemes around.

And to top it all off, PC/XBox/GCN -> USB converters ;)

Oh, and let's not forget...

FREEWARE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If i get a game on PS2 or soemthing, i try my hardest to play it on the PC, its just more fun for me, like i enjoyed playing halo on Xbox, but then i get it for PC and its like, much more fun. I would just rather play 1st person shooters on PC, cause we get the mouse [mouse pwns].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom