Planning to buy Lord of Destruction

Best answers
So I have the Diablo 2 Box edition, got it as a gift a month ago. I wanted to know if someone can tell me the plus points of me going out and buying the LoD expansion pack. Is it really worth it? Coz from what I see of the Druid and the Assassin, they arent really so impressive, but that might be just me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a druid and I love playing him so much more then my paladin...i mean besides the new characters there's more legendary weapons and more combos you can do with the horadric cube and there are runes and more space in your personal chest thing...it's totally worth it i think

Best answers
Thanks Barney. I didnt know that there was more space in the inventory. Wow. Thats one thing i need. Runes? Will someone explain what they do?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/nerdy diablo 2 fan kicks in

I've never really been into runes, but what they do is if you get a certain kind of rune, say example, a Tal, Kal, and Bal rune (note, probably not real runes).

If you happen to have a 3 socket sword, theres certain rune-words you can create to make items extremely uber

Like, if it was a Bastard Sword that had +10 strength on it, if you insert (example) runes in this order: TalRalBal, you would create the TalRalBal Bastard sword, which, if good enough runes, can give you about 50 other stats like +1 to all skills, +255 hit rating, +3 amazon skills, and so forth.

Probably play Lord of Destruction if you want more player. Theres ton's of new patches with LoD. I wish they'd revert back to 1.02 :(

So yes, get it, it's not just the characters, it's almost a whole nother game.

Also, you get one more Act after Diablo, Act 5, Baal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering how cheap you can find it for, go for it.

Didn't it also up the resolution from D2 as well?

Best answers
Hmm, in dollars the LoD costs like say.... 19$ give or take a few. Its worth it for more of a game that took me a month to complete.... lol, the last game had so much fun with was Age of Mythology.

Never liked Warcraft much though. :D
1 question though. Are the I-IV Acts changed at all? As in... are there new items from ACT 1 or can we get them only in Act V, and what about monsters?

Best answers
You can find new items & set items in every Act, don't remember if the monsters ar diffrent from Diablo 2 (i'v played Diablo 2 a long, long time ago).
Also you can equip your mercenaries with items.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still have a ladder account on useast i dont use, i check in every month or so to prevent my chars from expiring.

i got some good stuff on there ^^,

course, its going to expire with my chars. id rather let it dissappear then give it away for free =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still have a ladder account on useast i dont use, i check in every month or so to prevent my chars from expiring.

i got some good stuff on there ^^,

course, its going to expire with my chars. id rather let it dissappear then give it away for free =P
if you do give it away shots on your char

but yea acts 1-4 haven't changed and i haven't played act 5 yet but there's supposed to be new really hard badass enemies. And if you play online there's a boatload of new champion and whatnot enemies. There are also jewels which are like gems but jewels have like a specific thing that they upgrade if you put them in a socketed item. It really is a whole new game and it's all you'll want to play for a long time

Best answers
I still play USEast ladder vigorously.

*flamingcow329

Best answers
it's all you'll want to play for a long time
That I doubt coz I'm getting my PC a boost with 1 GB RAM. Something thats actually great for em, seeing as I've been using 128 MB RAM all this time. Now I can play games without worrying about software modes. lol I can finally play the openbeta :D

Sound Artist
Best answers
I used to play, doing Baal runs almost felt like cheating though, just watching as my levels went up and up all day long.

Best answers
That I doubt coz I'm getting my PC a boost with 1 GB RAM. Something thats actually great for em, seeing as I've been using 128 MB RAM all this time. Now I can play games without worrying about software modes. lol I can finally play the openbeta :D
I will resist the urge to laugh....but anyway, Half-life is from 1997/1998, back then 32MB of RAM was "high end", and I played fine on my TNT2/128RAM.

Get ESF and rock out with your **** out.

ALSO: If you only have 128 RAM, maybe your comp is too old for 1GB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom