Planning on "making" my own pc

Best answers
As the title says, i'm planning on building, a new pc.

At this moment i'm sitting at a laptop, an old compaq. so an upgrade is really due.

my question is, how do i go about this? i know quite a bit about pc's but i have never assembled a pc before, besides from taking my laptop and cleaning the insides :b

also my limit is 600 £ or 950 $, do u think i need to get more money before starting my project?

Also the things i plan on running are =

GTA iv (maybe GTA V)

BF3

Skyrim

ESF: Final

If u guys have links to good websites with good parts leave a link please

Also i'm from denmark, so sorry for the bad grammar and English :) :yes:

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since you are new to building PCs, first I'd suggest just reading PC guides and see what the parts are all about. I wouldn't recommend building your own PC yet however. I'd probably go for a custom pre-built PC, but with parts of my choosing. Then I'd go around slowly upgrading each part as time goes on so I'd get a better understanding of all the little details. Then when little upgrades won't do, I'd go for a big overhaul with fully custom parts and build it myself this time. I am actually in the middle of this story, so far it is actually working out as intended.

Now for websites in EU regarding the parts, I will let someone else handle it. All this is in my humble opinion, however. So take it as you will.

Best answers
Thanks for i will look into that, :)

But do you think that 950 $ is enough ?

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Surely 950 dollars is enough to run the games you mentioned. But BF3 probably won't make it at high with good FPS just like GTA 5. But medium/normal should do just fine. Skyrim can be played on high or maybe ultra. Some desktops have a fair price if you know where to look...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Shonnie says. If you wait until GTX 680 comes out, the GPU prices will drop even more, allowing you to get more bang for your buck. But yeah, if you focus on the main components, $980 is more than enough.

And if they optimize it well this time, GTAV should actually run better. It will be a console port, so its not like its going to run slower then GTA IV.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphic card you can choose according to your budget, but I would recommend getting the Sandy Bridge series of processor. The 2500k from i5 series is the best in its league right now, so try getting that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's the graphics card I'm currently using! :D I can run almost all games on ultra, some things I have to tune down myself, like BF3...most on medium, with a few things at high. There are a few games you won't be able to handle at ultra, but they'll look nice regardless. Also, I agree with z power. You'll probably get better performance than me, considering I'm using an Athlon II x4 645, a quad core...with no L3 Cache?!?!

Best answers
Haha :b well i think i'll go for that pc then :D

I also have an xbox, but i hate controllers, also the graphics is outdated

I'm gonna get that CPU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODzq-_d_0Y GTA IV for the win :D

And i can always just upgrade the sucker :D

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
get all ur stuff on ebay and new egg. ill find stuff cheap as **** there. new egg first and then check ebay. go for good price and check user ratings.

i been thinking of building a new system too lately and i figure i could do a top notch computer with like 600-700 dollars so 950 is more than enough if u know what to look for.

but then again i would b using the radeon hd 4870 X2 which is pretty damn good. has 2gb of memory on the GPU and is one of the best cards still, and u can find it for as low as $150 (really a steal) heck u can have 2 of these and u can run practically any game for only $330 u just need to get a good case power supply and cooling system for it. i've been thinking myself of using mineral oil but might just get a regular case. try n get a bundle mobo + processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's from Denmark you directional cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom