Planetside

Best answers
has anyone here played planetside i want to know what people think before i ever buy it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, i was in the beta, It was really cool for about 2 1/2 weeks, then i got really bored of it, too redundant. The point of the game is just to take over enemy bases, it's all PVP, no single player plot or mini-quests. It's allright at first but i dont think it's worth the money.

Best answers
Waste of money. Great idea taking into the world of MMO an FPS based idea, but it's very redundant.

I got bored within 1 week. 12.95 a month? Screw that.

The only good FPS to make it out to MMORPG will be World of Warcraft, Starwars Galaxies, or another everquest.

I'm looking forward to the first 2.

Best answers
they have changed it i think pay to buy it and pay for the first month

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is THE MOST FUN THING IN THE WORLD.

Until you do everything there is to do.

Best answers
I was in beta as well, my thoughts are the same as the others for the most part.
It's really fun, and great, but it gets boring too fast strangely. I would have expected more time to enjoy it.
You rarely worked alone, which meant trying to find a group, waiting for everyone to get to your position, and get on the transport. Then you had to travel there, and at times it was nearly a stalemate battle inside of bases.
The vehicles are great, but for the most part I found them to not be that useful except the planes. When you tried to capture something, you had to be inside of the building to do so, and that meant leaving the vehicle. They had mobile armor suits (max's) that couldn't hack the base, but killed any ground unit not wearing a max basically, as well as taking out vehicles sometimes.
It could be extremely fun, and you may enjoy it, but for the most part I wouldn't expect more than a few months at most.

Best answers
i was in the beta too. i agree with the above and id like to add there's also no point. cap'd a whole continent? GREAT! too bad it doesnt mean anything, u just keep invading more bases and so forth. 2 weeks of fun so cash in on a free month if they're offering one.

Best answers
I havent played it but I heard that its really addictive? Isnt it really laggy even if you have broandband because my friends complain about the lagg and they all have DSL.

Retired
Best answers
yeah the game is nice, but gets boring after a while. and had VERY LOW FPS on it. sometimes had 2 FPS, loads of firefights on the screen, its very laggy. they could have added more stuff imo. like personal quests, since its completely team-based all the time.

Best answers
2 fps thats rediculas. So its practically its a huge war with like 2000 people playing at once right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*caugh*SWGOWNZTHEWORLD*caugh*

iw as thinking of buying it aswell, but its doing the same thing OVER and OVER again :\
anyways...swg is gonna w00p its ass np.
its just that u dotta wait a few years untill the basterds relese it x.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom