Planetside 2 - Take 2

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the TR semi-auto shotguns. Great at point blank but balls everywhere else.

Also add me on steam if you're not already, ppl. http://steamcommunity.com/id/KarrdeKNR

Also I created a TS channel for Planetside 2. Scroll down to the bottom of the forum main page for TS info. Reccomend binding push to talk.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a quick question, what settings to you run this game on? I have a high end computer set up, myself, and it seems like it's still choppy enough to effect my aim at medium graphics set.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm maxed out, but sometimes the game'll wig out and start flickering. I think it might be a lag issue though, since I noticed a lot of people complaining about it in the chat.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a big battle, I don't even get 60 FPS. On low settings. So no thanks.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I may give this another shot tomorrow night. I'll have to check that guide out too.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm maxed out, but sometimes the game'll wig out and start flickering. I think it might be a lag issue though, since I noticed a lot of people complaining about it in the chat.
Thats a bug that happens no matter what hardware you run. Get in a vehicle and spam the third person button, seems to fix it.

*edit*

Also if you're having performance problems have a look at this: http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/index.php?topic=6642.0
Manipulating the .ini gets you a lot of stuff. Reducing draw distance helps a LOT.

Last edited:
Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
rolling a character as VS on Matherson right now. characters name is "HellionBlade"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Vanu are absolutely terrible on Matherson. Literally every time I signed in, someone was rolling us up and pushing us back. Eventually, I just said **** trying to help them and started sniping people for the hell of it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I kinda noticed that as well. Right now TC is dominating all 3 continents. All my teammates seem very intent on rolling over me with tanks, despite being no where near the road. I even had one dude that seem to drop out of the sky in a transport ship and crash land on top of me, then fly away. Granted, I WAS on the landing pad but he didn't stop for repairs, no one got out, and no one got in. -.-

That's teamwork

But finally managed to get my first upgrades and that stability upgrade makes all the difference in close encounters for LA and HA

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I switched to whoever the rebels are, and the game is instantly ten times more fun. I just wish my guys would stop running in front of me when I'm unloading on a guy. Sectors of fire, idiots. Check them.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You commie.

And yeah, that shit happened to me all the time. Felt like I was the only one trying to keep myself seperated from the other lines. Not to mention the idiots that would sit there and camp the spawns until we finally got enough guys to cap points or take out the batteries. Oh, and I also had problems with teammates equipped with shotguns accidentally blasting me in the back when they turned a corner. And god forbid anyone give me any leeway when I roll out in a MAX suit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, once the theme music started playing I thought I joined the Confederates.

But yeah, the game is really picking up for me. I'm alternating between heavy infantry and infiltrator, though I'm having a hard time finding a purpose as the latter. I'm kinda just there collecting kills, but not really contributing in any meaningful way. But as HI, I made myself the designated anti-air guy, and was getting some serious XP from it. Then they kinda flaked off and started sending more tanks, which my rockets almost seem to bounce off of. I did manage to take out whatever the name of the vehicle that acts as a spawnpoint using anti air rockets and aiming way high. So that was interesting.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Acting alone you'rer mostly going to chase tanks off. You need engi support and it's helpful to have other ppl helping to alpha strike the tank. My outfit has had enough people on that as a group we could all hit 1 tank and instagib it XD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've just been healing and sniping for the past few days. Healing is great in those tight area, heavy encounter situations. Tons of xp off of raising people and the group healing. Sniping I hated until I figured out how to steady aim for a few seconds, then I loved popping in and out of stealth to shoot some onlooker in the head or run up and knife someone twice.

I can't get the hang of the damn helicopters though. The Scythes I'm fine with, but the liberator's seem to immediately propel me straight into a tree.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Life gets better if you dump certs into it and get used to blindly puting your belly in the right place. If you're using the shredder (stock secondary gun) you can also belly up and angle to let your gunner shoot a plane thats chasing you. Also, don't try to pilot a lib by yourself, you WILL start to crash as soon as you move into the second seat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, well yeah. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it was a 3 person vehicle at first. The cert grinding is kinda slow, but I figured I'll just save the certs for upgrades and spend some actual money to get a few weapons here and there.

On that topic: What would you suggest I unlock, as far as weapons go, first? I use Medic, Light, and Heavy pretty evenly but I dunno if it'd be better served to get an AA rocket launcher, or a shotgun, or if they have a better med gun. Maybe a better sniper rifle like I've been getting one shot by pretty consistently.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd get a new sniper rifle, and put certs into a new scope for infiltrator.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, well yeah. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it was a 3 person vehicle at first. The cert grinding is kinda slow, but I figured I'll just save the certs for upgrades and spend some actual money to get a few weapons here and there.

On that topic: What would you suggest I unlock, as far as weapons go, first? I use Medic, Light, and Heavy pretty evenly but I dunno if it'd be better served to get an AA rocket launcher, or a shotgun, or if they have a better med gun. Maybe a better sniper rifle like I've been getting one shot by pretty consistently.
Depends on what you want to do.

I'm assuming you're VS? Read Grin's thread at BRBU http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/index.php?topic=6633.0

For sniping the V10 is good, bolt action. Not as much damage as say the Bolt Driver but it has no bullet drop to compensate for. Get a 12X sight and you're good.
For Light assault/Engi I recommend the VX67. Also getting a shotgun is nice. They all have their tradeoffs. I like the Nova since with the extended Mag it has 12 shots/clip.
I don't really play Medic.
Heavy I use Orion (default gun) for CQC. It arguably has the best DPS for the VS guns at close to medium range. At medium-distance I prefer the Pulsar LSW. But I change it up now and again depending on the situation. I also use the NS Annihilator rocket launcher. Does less overall damage but locks on to air and ground and works well in teams. If you're going to face down MAX suits, the default launcher is good. Also make sure you get reflex sights. I use X1 on Orion and X2 on LSW.

If you wanna buy a single unlock for a lot of classes you may wanna get an SMG. http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/index.php?topic=6754.0

Other useful things to have is keeping grenades stocked up. The medkit is good since it instantly fills your life back up. Tank mines for engineer are nice since they do so much damage. Drop 2 on a Sunderer without mine guard and it instagibs it and anyone standing near it. C4 for the LA is nice. Resist shield for heavy, jumpjets for LA, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just started playing Planetside 2 and even though I'm not that great at it and I'm still getting the hang of things, it is the most epic game of all time. Taking part in huge battles, fighting tooth and nail for another sector or even just another building is so damn fun. I wish I could play American servers, but my lag would probably be awful, and it's not that great to start with. Just wanted to share my thoughts of the game so far. If anyone plays on european servers let me know and hit me up on steam.

I play the Rebel dudes mostly as a heavy sometimes infiltrator cause sniping is super fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I r too stoopied to pluy thas gume.

Also I keep hearing issues have not been really solved which still keeps my stay the hell away from it for now alarm on. Most importantly though it's the statement above.

Oh and just in case. Yes I did watch Totalbiscuits idiot guide. Doesn't reach people with my low intellect...
and lack of time...
patience...
friends..
money to purchase goods in the game to be even remotely decent at it...
a 3.000 or higher quid worth of a PC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom