planet side reserves

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if it's the real thing and it really does let you play until March I'd be glad to give it a shot. But something tells me it's more like a two week trial or something. Can anyone confirm this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i havent played it but my friend played alot, is it good?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played the Planetside beta many years ago and really didn't think too much of it. It doesn't involve any skill for the FPS part, it's almost always a case of who's got the bigger gun/vehicle/mech. No headshots. No weakpoints.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was back when it first came out but that was when having 512mb RD ram was an unheard of privelege. I imagine it won't be so bad now.

The game was more about war then FPS competition. Squad based stuff, even command levels. If you play it you owe it to yourself to find at least on HUGE brawl and get involved in it to see it's strong point.

I had some great battles in that game, man...

Best answers
yah that game was a lot of fun once you get into a good squad of people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chrome hounds is a fun game when your in a good squad, but not having some type of auto join temprary team thing really pisses me off.

is it hard to find a squad in planet side?

Best answers
I played that free account thingy, was fun for abit but the game gets old really quick (seeing as you are limited to skill points etc)

Best answers
me and my bro are playing the game, but it seems everyone is so much stronger than us, and we cant find any hardxcore action... is there a way to really get a good taste of planet sides best parts?

Best answers
Instant action button? always helped me when I first started.

Although sometimes random orders are shouted out to attack certain planets etc. I've been on one raid when I played that game, was pretty damn good seeing everyone in dropships going into the portal thingys.

Best answers
It is rather impossible for somone to be stronger then you, but if you want to level up fast here is a few tips.

1: Do not hit any other player in your republic with anything, this accumulates grief points, and griefpoints are about the same as exp debt.

2: Use trees or forts as cover, fighting right out on the battle field against a opposing terran republic will probably result in a minichain gun to the chest.

3: When you see a giant mech, you run, unless you have a missle launcher.

4: Squads are your buddies, lvl up fast learn the game, use the drop pod that goes every 10 minutes to go directly to them from the sactuary.

Best answers
couple o' things, how do i get to use my certification point type things, so i can be certified to drive vehicles? And how do i get the missle launcher ^_^

Best answers
There is a certification machine at the big building in the middle of your sanctuary, kind of looks like a rectangle with a square in the middle, the building is the biggest in the sanctuary tho, you can't miss it, as for vehicles with a rank 6 you should be able to drive anything besides the giant mechs.

Because they take getting the schematics etc etc etc.

Best answers
planet side is probably one of the best mmo's out there even though it's been out for a staggering 3 years,

if the community was larger it would be number one
if i didnt have as many glitches as it has it would be number one
if my/ my brothers computer could run it with out intense lag it would be number one

gg to planet side, and the community isnt really small, just have to find where the battles are and then it's not hard to find a squad

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm giving it a shot I just need to wait about an hour to get it all updated.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After playing it for awhile, I've found it can be both very boring and pretty fun at the same time.

I got the engineering certification and was flying around with some guy on bombing runs. That was some fun, for sure. It's kind of pathetic, though, how the fiirst thing you see upon spawning in your sanctuary is a monitor on the wall playing Axe body spray commercials. -_-

I'm on a relatively fast connection with a computer well exceeding the recommend requirements, and I experience some serious lag and chop upon entering congested areas. It sucks when you're flying overhead an enemy encampment, then your display freezes, you hear an explosion, and three seconds later you see your pile of wreckage on the ground.

All in all, it's a pretty fun game. I'll probably be playing it a bit more, atleast until I get up until the limit of Battle Rank 6. For free, it's worth it. For a monthly fee, it's not.

Best answers
lol yea, same with my bro, he well exceeds the sys rec, but christ, this game is just to much man , for any one... this game is a man's man....

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't notice much slowdown like you guys do but I have a 3.1GHZ, 1024MB Ram, 7900GT. I changed the fps from default to 100 in the video settings and thats about the only thing I changed.

Anyways I noticed at first its really really boring but when I got my stealth suit and wraith vehicle with my plasma blaster or whatever its called with armour piercing bullets and finally found some enemies it was fun until a huge ass mech came after me and I was screwed. :(

This game has a lot of potential just a lot of things need to be worked out. I'll continue playing till the expiration ends my screen name is phobius666.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom