Pixel Art - By your favorite purple dinosaur

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I decided to dabble into the pixel art realm for a little bit. Some things look amazing and I want to try and get to that point. But for now here's a start. This is a little self-portrait I did. I like how it came out, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. I used a tutorial for this and no real reference pic since I know my face pretty well. Well tell me what you think.

100X100

75x75

50x50

Hopefully I'll be posting more soon.

Best answers
First of all save your pixelart as gifs.
Second making a 100X100 version doesn't mean you just upscale the picture. You need add more shading and details and stuff otherwise you increase the pixel effect.

But hey, it's a nice start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recognize that face D:

Good job on them, thought your hair was darker though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all save your pixelart as gifs.
Second making a 100X100 version doesn't mean you just upscale the picture. You need add more shading and details and stuff otherwise you increase the pixel effect.

But hey, it's a nice start.
Well it's not animated so I don't see why I should save it as a .gif, but I guess I should for the principle of it, I'm just used to always saving as a .jpeg.

I started off making it 150x150 and then I scaled it down, not the other way around, but thanks for the comment, and yes, it is just a start.

@Rik, my hair is actually lighter I think, but it doesn't matter that much, you knew it was me at least :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's not animated so I don't see why I should save it as a .gif, but I guess I should for the principle of it, I'm just used to always saving as a .jpeg.

I started off making it 150x150 and then I scaled it down, not the other way around, but thanks for the comment, and yes, it is just a start.

@Rik, my hair is actually lighter I think, but it doesn't matter that much, you knew it was me at least :D
Saving in gif isn't good for the sake of animation. JPEGs almost always suffer from quality loss or artifacts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taking into account the whole .gif thing I re-saved them as .gifs and I also made a house.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why you save these file's as .gifs is not only for artifacts and quality loss. But for the simple reason that you will probably never use more than 256 colors in pixelart. Anything that uses less than 256 colors should simply be saved as a .gif file to save space. Gif files are much smaller than any other filetype.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why you save these file's as .gifs is not only for artifacts and quality loss. But for the simple reason that you will probably never use more than 256 colors in pixelart. Anything that uses less than 256 colors should simply be saved as a .gif file to save space. Gif files are much smaller than any other filetype.
Yes, I understand that now, thanks for telling me again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bumping. Points down to new sig. Ulquiorra bad-ass-ness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom