ping...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont understand this, I've had this problem for at least 2 months now, my ping in online games is a hell of a lot higher than it should be, I mean, i cannot find 1 server in counterstrike/esf/jedi academy etc that is less than 100 ping. I used to be able to go into servers and have anything from 15 ping and above (average of about 30 in the servers i played on), I have a 1mb connection as well btw. Unless its like 1 am in the morning or even later I cannot get decent ping, even then i get dirty lag spikes every 2 mins. I've recently defragmented both my drives, i've downloaded nearly every single thing thats in that spyware/adware sticky and i've scanned for virus's, so far nothing has worked. I havent a clue what the problem could be, i thought maybe its my ISP but non of my friends in my area have the same problem... I really would appreciate some help because this is pissing me off no end.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some ISP's will throttle your connection if you've been uploading/downloading for long periods of time (torrents for example).

I'd suggest calling your ISP and see if that is the case. Even if they say it's not they should be able to help you with some trouble shooting.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is I dont download too much these days, I download a lot less these days than I used to.. but i think i will have to call my isp because this is rediculous =\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Thing is I dont download too much these days, I download a lot less these days than I used to.. but i think i will have to call my isp because this is rediculous =\
Have you checked your ingame 'rates'?

Are you sharing your internet connection with other people (through a router)? Someone else may be downloading stuff haha... bandwidth consumption for the lose

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my rates are at 2000 i think, here's what my netgraph looks like in esf in a server i cud find with the best ping:

and no, i dont have a router or share my connection :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom