Ping issue

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yo.

It appears I have been confronted with a weird and annoying ping issue, especially the latter.

I'm using ESF v. 1.2.3 with STEAM and have correctly installed it. Obviously I have a legimit copy of Half Life 1.

The thing is, after a long time I've re-installed ESF, which happend about a month ago. Everything worked normal and the ping was fine (50 - 60). Until receantly, a few servers got a higher ping. I found a new server to play on, which was relitively new, and had a fine ping (40 - 60). But when I entered ESF today, all of the servers had higher ping, raning from 100 and above. The servers I play on now have 150 ping for me and it's annoying the hell out of me.

I've tried reseting my comp, turning of the fire wall and re-installing the game, but nothing helps. I am running no programs in the background. Also, it's worth mentioning that this happens only with ESF, not any other online games.

Any help would be appricaited.

Thanks in advance.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sharing your connection?

Cause it sounds like something is eating it up.

Allso use the command net_graph 3 to check for packet loss.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
My connection is entirely private. It belongs only to our computer and no one elses.

I checked the net_graph 3 and here are the stats:

FPS: 60 (59 to be accurate)
Input: 70 - 120 (it keeps jumping between those numbers)
Output: 18 - 22 (it also keeps jumping between those numbers)
And than the loss:

The loss is VERY random. It keeps changing between the numbers 0 and 7. 7 and seven are rarely there, but are present. The choke however is 0.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There would be your problem.

Packet loss. Meaning information is lost along the way. So something is defenitly causing problems in your connection.

Since you said you turned off the firewall i can only guess spyware or similar.

Best answers
I hav also had a similar problem
The 1st week or 2 my ping remained low while playin for hours
but now it stays at 50ish (like b4) 4 5mins den it skyrises 2 3000 and i hav 2 dc the game.
My guess is that spyware and adware is causin da problem.
Am i right or cud it be sumthin else?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It also depends where you're from. There an East Coast server running and I'm from new york so I get like 10 ping, but if play in a server thats way farther from me, my ping will be like 80+.

So try to join servers that have a low ping.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'm gonna try another attempt at explaining what's happening. I apologize, for it apears I have failed to do so.

Let me refraze my statements:

Recently, I have re-installed ESF along with Steam and I play on the servers which are from Europe, and I aswell, am from Europe. These server are really well updated and have the commands and setting which make my ping drop from regular 50 - 70 ping to 20. These happend for the first two days. However, after two days, every server's ping jumps over 100+. The only server that I have 80+ ping is very unbalanced and has spikes and alot of other incosistencies.

The servers that I play on are "[sk2]Europe Pro Server" (IP: 84.244.187.116:27015") " and "_|H.H|_Europe Fun Zone (IP: "78.159.118.172:27015"). These servers gave me from 20 to 40 or 50 ping, considering on the day and precise moment.

However, after playing for two days, the ping just SUDDENTLY jumped to 100+. On the second day I exit the game and the next day that I entered it all servers were 100+.

I have tried going in Steam, right clicking on Half-Life 1 and turning off the automatic updates. I have tried to close background programs running from the task maneger (I am also not running any programs in the background that can be shut off without the use of taskmaneger). I have cleaned my computer and got rid of aprox. 1.36 GB of information, which did NOT include any virus data and turned of the firewall, again. I have also requested help ingame, to no avail however.

On "net_graph 3" the loss is constantly on 1 or higher. It does not decrese to 0 whatsoever. Also, to further explain this matter; I went to other games like Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Unreal Tournament 3, Master Sword and other modifications plus Counterstrike Source, EVEN Half-Life 1, but the ping in these games is all good.

So I'm not sure if these problems are caused by my computer, and it's weird especialy because Half-Life mutliplayer gives me good ping, but ESF which is a direct modification to Half-Life 1, gives off 100+ ping, and on the servers I play on, 150+.

I seriously don't know, perhaps I need to delete a file, change cvars or something!

Please help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom