Ping is rising at an incredible rate!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno what to do! I tried everything! I turned off any programs eating up memory (and this computer is wicked fast and has lots of memory to go around), I turned off any firewalls, I turned off virus and spyware scans...I turned everything off! I even did many restarts! And the ping just keeps climbing.

Last year in college, it was never this bad. Hell...sunday, the day I moved into college, the ping was just fine. Monday it climbed to 200-300. Tuesday it climbed to 500-600. Right now it jumped from 1100-1500+ in a matter of minutes. And it keeps climbing!!!

I dunno what to do :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
I dunno what to do! I tried everything! I turned off any programs eating up memory (and this computer is wicked fast and has lots of memory to go around), I turned off any firewalls, I turned off virus and spyware scans...I turned everything off! I even did many restarts! And the ping just keeps climbing.

Last year in college, it was never this bad. Hell...sunday, the day I moved into college, the ping was just fine. Monday it climbed to 200-300. Tuesday it climbed to 500-600. Right now it jumped from 1100-1500+ in a matter of minutes. And it keeps climbing!!!

I dunno what to do :(
Did you check your TCP/IP settings?

Enable cookies?

Do you want this dog?

Well just seems to me like ISP problems, guess you would have to wait and see if it fixes..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's a problem with your isp? Have any of your other internet activities been bogged down? Do other games play allright online?

*edit*
Why do people always beat me >_<
By the way Logan I took out your picture because it's advertizing :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Maybe it's a problem with your isp? Have any of your other internet activities been bogged down? Do other games play allright online?

*edit*
Why do people always beat me >_<
By the way Logan I took out your picture because it's advertizing :p.
advertising o_O

Yes, you convinently left your custom background in sight when posting the picture. Thus advertizing. You may post another picture if it's just the server list :p - Pain

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kag, you aren't the only one with this problem. Zeo and I have it as well. This never happened before so we really don't know what it is. So I can assure you it's not your internet. Though your picture shows 600+ ping. The lowest for me is like 250ish.

My guess is it's VAC. It never happened before VAC was established.

Also, try this. Sometimes it works for me. Exit out of ESF. Stut down steam. Start it back up. If it continues, turn off/ restart your computer. That should fix it. If not I don't know what to do.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I formatted my pc 2 days ago. So far, my ping has been what it should be: 20-40.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Kag, you aren't the only one with this problem. Zeo and I have it as well. This never happened before so we really don't know what it is. So I can assure you it's not your internet. Though your picture shows 600+ ping. The lowest for me is like 250ish.

My guess is it's VAC. It never happened before VAC was established.

Also, try this. Sometimes it works for me. Exit out of ESF. Stut down steam. Start it back up. If it continues, turn off/ restart your computer. That should fix it. If not I don't know what to do.
Tried all that ;.;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom