Ping is rising at an incredible rate!!!!

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
I dunno what to do! I tried everything! I turned off any programs eating up memory (and this computer is wicked fast and has lots of memory to go around), I turned off any firewalls, I turned off virus and spyware scans...I turned everything off! I even did many restarts! And the ping just keeps climbing.

Last year in college, it was never this bad. Hell...sunday, the day I moved into college, the ping was just fine. Monday it climbed to 200-300. Tuesday it climbed to 500-600. Right now it jumped from 1100-1500+ in a matter of minutes. And it keeps climbing!!!

I dunno what to do :(
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
1,388
Best answers
0
Logan289 said:
I dunno what to do! I tried everything! I turned off any programs eating up memory (and this computer is wicked fast and has lots of memory to go around), I turned off any firewalls, I turned off virus and spyware scans...I turned everything off! I even did many restarts! And the ping just keeps climbing.

Last year in college, it was never this bad. Hell...sunday, the day I moved into college, the ping was just fine. Monday it climbed to 200-300. Tuesday it climbed to 500-600. Right now it jumped from 1100-1500+ in a matter of minutes. And it keeps climbing!!!

I dunno what to do :(
Did you check your TCP/IP settings?

Enable cookies?

Do you want this dog?


Well just seems to me like ISP problems, guess you would have to wait and see if it fixes..
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
3,999
Best answers
0
Maybe it's a problem with your isp? Have any of your other internet activities been bogged down? Do other games play allright online?

*edit*
Why do people always beat me >_<
By the way Logan I took out your picture because it's advertizing :p.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
Pain said:
Maybe it's a problem with your isp? Have any of your other internet activities been bogged down? Do other games play allright online?

*edit*
Why do people always beat me >_<
By the way Logan I took out your picture because it's advertizing :p.
advertising o_O

Yes, you convinently left your custom background in sight when posting the picture. Thus advertizing. You may post another picture if it's just the server list :p - Pain
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
Kag, you aren't the only one with this problem. Zeo and I have it as well. This never happened before so we really don't know what it is. So I can assure you it's not your internet. Though your picture shows 600+ ping. The lowest for me is like 250ish.

My guess is it's VAC. It never happened before VAC was established.

Also, try this. Sometimes it works for me. Exit out of ESF. Stut down steam. Start it back up. If it continues, turn off/ restart your computer. That should fix it. If not I don't know what to do.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
I formatted my pc 2 days ago. So far, my ping has been what it should be: 20-40.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
Fire Phoenix said:
Kag, you aren't the only one with this problem. Zeo and I have it as well. This never happened before so we really don't know what it is. So I can assure you it's not your internet. Though your picture shows 600+ ping. The lowest for me is like 250ish.

My guess is it's VAC. It never happened before VAC was established.

Also, try this. Sometimes it works for me. Exit out of ESF. Stut down steam. Start it back up. If it continues, turn off/ restart your computer. That should fix it. If not I don't know what to do.
Tried all that ;.;
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top