Ping fairness

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hrm i had an idea about the knock back distance being related to the ping to create a fairness in gameplay between a 200 pinger and a 60 ping or w/e

possibly the higher the ping the higher the knock back distance

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why just knock back? Why not reduced damaged for those with high ping, or a higher attack power? --;

Its unfair for people playing with a high ping, but its far more unfair to penalize those with a low ping, or disadvantage them.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
hrm i had an idea about the knock back distance being related to the ping to create a fairness in gameplay between a 200 pinger and a 60 ping or w/e

possibly the higher the ping the higher the knock back distance
What? That's impossible to implement as far as I know. Besides, why would you want to have such a thing implemented? It would give an unfair advantage.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
What? That's impossible to implement as far as I know. Besides, why would you want to have such a thing implemented? It would give an unfair advantage.
Agreed, on a server with sv_cheats 1 enabled, people couild just use fake lag and get more damage simply because they increased their ping and purposely make themselves lag for the purpose of doing more damage. However, playing with lag will always change how you play the game and limit what you are capable of, unless you were good and can stand to play on a higher ping.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
stupid idea
Just play on a server with a lower ping instead.

This is online gaming, live with your ping.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically code could be worked around your ping, but yes, there are ways to manually screw your connection at the touch of a button and with scripts, so best we not use it unless it is in some small way that does not directly alter gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
errr...I don't like this at all, I usually play with 600 ping, but I don't need anything to help me, just go to another server if you can't handle the ping, I have no choice, I live in South Africa...I'm sure where you come from there will be a server or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom