Pimpin' for Philippe

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah so I meant to do this months ago, but I've been to busy to figure out how to link from the Beta FTP. And yes I have Masta's permission to do this so no tester harp on me ;P So anyway, like back in August, I went to Anime Iowa, and they were holding a kind of dance party/club style dance on the saturday of the con, so I tossed something together that was kinda clubbish, and fit a more general anime theme as well. Anyway, so later, at a one of the parties that night, I ran into Philippe Smith, one of the guests of honor. He was basically chillin', drinkin', and doing sketches of anyone in costume for free. So I was just sitting there hanging out with my friends and he insists on doing my portrait. So I figure why not. Here's how it turned out:

Not bad, especially considering he'd been drinking all evening. Man, I'd give my right arm for half his skill. Anyway, I said I'd pimp his comic as well as it's kinda right up the alley of ppl here I'd say. It's called MBQ, and it's liscenced by Tokyo Pop. It's an original American Manga, basically.

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=MBQ&categorycode=BMG

Go to website, or something :p Anyway, I just kinda thought it was kinda cool that he was doing this for people. And damn does he know how to party :p

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm that looks pretty nice :O at first b4 reading the text i thought you might have drawn it, but that isnt the case :p
well, i like it , its a bit sloppy, but i guess thats the liqour kicking in :)
i don't know why, but i like the face the most, it just gives this "anime feeling" to me :).
i wish he made a portrait of me :p that would roxx, ive been in paris once, and this guy drew me to, but that was not really anime style, just his own style.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well keep in mind he also did it in about 10 min. and he uses a more sketch style, which I really like.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom