Piccolo's strecthing ability

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is there any way piccolo's arm stretch move could be incorporated into the game? Like if he was close to someone instead of swooping he just stretches his arm and punches them or he can grab them or something? I dunno just a thought...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how is this supposed to work model wise, without screwing up the thing ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stretching the model would be easy. But the textures would get all messed up. And probably some bad model deformations. But its easy ^^

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it's easy by doing a fixed stretch animation, but I don't see a way to dynamicly strech those arms, e.g. beam-like movement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying it should be like a beam I'm saying like if someone is somewhat close to you all you do is stretch your arm and punch him or bring him to you like scorpion from MK. Then you would be able to do some cool combo or be able to throw him.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying it should be like a beam I'm saying like if someone is somewhat close to you all you do is stretch your arm and punch him or bring him to you like scorpion from MK. Then you would be able to do some cool combo or be able to throw him.
And im saying that would totaly screw up the textures of the arms. The would stretch to a sweird looking shape. If you work round that you get big model deformations.

Best answers
or you could try and just increase piccolo's melee range so that it's more then anyone else's

might sound like your overpowering him but lets be honest, he only has one transformation while most others are getting 3 / 4, he needs all he can get :p

Best answers
sounds like a good idea? is there any way to work around the texture,model deformations?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, why not make the arm-stretch look similar to the way beams do?

I mean, when you do the armstrech, the *head of the beam* is a *Large Hand*, while the arm would be dark green and *Beam-like*. If they added Black and orange lines whipping across the beam as it stretched im sure it would look like his arm if it was moving fast enough.

As for how the arms-strech could work ... Maybe it could be used for multiple purposes.

How it works

- When melee is selected Double Click and hold M2(mouse2) for 1.5 seconds to prepare the attack.( This prevents a spam/repeated rapidfire ) Then release M2 to Fire. The same thing applies to M1(mouse1), and a player could use both arms at the same time if willing.

- If someone shoots/fires/attacks with their right or left arm the hand stretches to a large fist. During the flight of this large hand, the player has has 3 options.

1) Clicking Mouse button that corresponds to the arm fired will open the fist, and if the target is hit, the arm will continue stretching to its maximum length. When the arm reaches its' limit the player caught in the hand will be released. Although, before the arm reaches it limit you could turn and aim up/down/left/right/180degrees and Click the Mouse button that corresponds to the arm fired, which would cause your Arm to smash the player into any wall nearby.

2)If you Click and Hold the mouse button that corresponds to the arm fired it opens the fist, and if you hit the target, the arm will retract. Having a "Mortal Combat" Scorpion's "get over here" affect.

3) If you dont click anything when the arm is shot/fired, when you hit your target with the *Large Fist* it will knock them back nearly x2 the normal knockback distance. Also this move has slightly more damage then the regular basic melee, and for balance it has a Delay 2 to 3 second delay before you can move

*note*:
Each Move could have it's seperate "Maximum Arm-Stretch Lenght"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx i get that. But how would you work round model problems with such deformations. It would be impossible to animate all the possible scenarios. And if you think of using sprites.

I dont think that would look so good. I mean sprites are 2D you know :s

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonball-z/Images/AttackList/L-N/MysticAttack.gif

http://img.search.com/thumb/f/fb/Nobiruude.JPG/300px-Nobiruude.JPG

Take a look @ those pics.

Notice Piccolo's Fore-arm design.

Now imagine it stretching.

I think it would be that design of the beam that repeats over and over as it strectches, and around the arm their would be many Lines(Speed lines) to blur out the detail
You still didnt anwser the main question. How to make arm stretching in the first place. If the hands are models they have to be animated. And you cant animate models to act like a beam. Not on this engine (unless you are looking for an endlessly long list of animations).

And if you do it with sprites you have to bear in mind that they are 2D. Going from a 3D arm to a 2D stretched arm would look weird.

Best answers
Yeah that wouldnt work anyways.
It would be much better to have it as a simple combo animation rather than an atual attack. He only uses it a few times.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You still didnt anwser the main question. How to make arm stretching in the first place. If the hands are models they have to be animated. And you cant animate models to act like a beam. Not on this engine (unless you are looking for an endlessly long list of animations).

And if you do it with sprites you have to bear in mind that they are 2D. Going from a 3D arm to a 2D stretched arm would look weird.
The Sprite Covers the hand/fore-arm.

When the attack is prepared "his Modeled arM" pulls back. Then when he attacks the Model arm lunges forward.

a Sprite comes from his forearm, acting as his arm stretching, and his Sprite Fist enlargens.

OR

When the attack is prepared "his Modeled arM" pulls back. Then when he attacks the Model arm lunges forward and stretches, while a sprite is covers his arm bluring out the detail.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think it would be that good! I mean, what can he do with his arms. It would be hard if he kicks someone!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeeeeeeeee...But he can "trap" with them not kick.YOu know to catch somebody...
You shouldnt compare 2D fighting games with ESF. ESF is a third person shooter. Not a 2D fighter.

Best answers
Why don't you just make the arm stretch forward and end of story? =/

As for that texture thing, I really wouldn't care =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom