Piccolo Render

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Bandai is gonna be soooooooo jelly. and when they talk to you guys, no matter the question or what they say, you reply with "you jelly? we made a successful dragonball game that we dont have to re-re-re-re-re release every GODDAMN year only to improve on characters and maybe a small feature. OUR GAME is winner."
To be fair, it's not the devs fault. Bandai only gives them one year cycles. That being said, I'm actually suprised with what they have done in UT.. Totally changing the battle system, having a full story with reanimated scenes from the anime, the first CaC in a DBZ console game (even though it seems very shallow). And all done by the same team that released a game last year. Wasn't as impressive when it went from Dimps to Spike, but for Spike to change it up this much is rather shocking. If Bandai would stick DBZ in it's pocket for 2/3 years and give the team time to work on it.. we may actually get something nice in terms of a console DBZ game.

All that being said, ESF is still the best way to go for DBZ games untill something like listed above happens, even then it'll be tough to beat.

Best answers
Simply astonishing!! You guys should consider using potara earings, for a more permament combination of awesome modeling and textureing skills. :D

I'm actually getting used to your amazingly spot on models and textures. Good job! As always I also dig the lighting setup!

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol too much hard work for you guys makes you wanna take a brake lol.

O and I take arts so I am going to be a force pitter to make maps and models with you guys to be the next beta tester. :smile:

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey lets see piccolo's beam cannon picture, I haven't seen it since you guys last post this up.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry for replying here (reviving..hope not) but am interested...is the Piccolo model 100% finished? Would be cool to see an short video (10-15 sec) of him in action i mean we always get Vegeta,Goku & similar characters in video updates >_>

The render looks damn sexy and cool gj on that one guys :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Piccolo_Dragon_Ball_photo.jpg
Piccolo at 15

7.jpg
Piccolo at 21

I think the model does look more like his older self, eyes aren't nearly as wide as when he was younger.. though, not as happy.
Anyone remember those crazy, wicked smiles he used to make?! I just loved those! :laff:

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The model looks awesome, really feels like Piccolo. The four fingers just make him even more unique and manga faithful, great job!

Best answers
i really hope they gonna fix the cape....a nice wind animation on the cape would be awesome!!!
but i think they gonna add it.all looks so high grade....i cant imagine they keep it that crappy

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The cape looks just fine IMO.
It makes is arms look a bit short or slim because it is a cape that covers part of the arms, the pose doesn't help either.

Doesn't it look awesome?

Best answers
the cape looks fine..........thats not the point....we are speaking about its wind animation.....during esf1.2 there were some piccolos with cape....the cape was one solid thing. would be cool if it would fly in the air. like it did in the show

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you go comparing those with dts sets. Buus cape was animated, and so will be piccolos.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
What is happening to the shading and texturing styles on the maps in ESF? The style a year ago used nice and soft bounce-lit scenes to create balanced composure. However, most of the newer shots seem to be direct lighting and a basic black-to-white gouraud meshed with an 'over-the-top' normal map intensity mimicking early-tech games that introduced bump mapping concepts to the mainstream (Doom 3, etc).

I'd write this off as just a fluke user option to tone-down or disable baked lighting, but even the promotional video recently seemed to enforce this style shift.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is happening to the shading and texturing styles on the maps in ESF? The style a year ago used nice and soft bounce-lit scenes to create balanced composure. However, most of the newer shots seem to be direct lighting and a basic black-to-white gouraud meshed with an 'over-the-top' normal map intensity mimicking early-tech games that introduced bump mapping concepts to the mainstream (Doom 3, etc).

I'd write this off as just a fluke user option to tone-down or disable baked lighting, but even the promotional video recently seemed to enforce this style shift.

Dalte recorder on his computer, and he is using custom textures, not the ones that Adam put in to the map. Hes also the reason why the Namek grass is green in the trailer.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Dalte recorder on his computer, and he is using custom textures, not the ones that Adam put in to the map. Hes also the reason why the Namek grass is green in the trailer.
Phew. I was concerned a crude version of the original style was being employed. Thanks for the clarification, Grega!

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
BTW we don't use any baked lighting so nothing to disable there. The thing is just that on most maps the system isn't properly set up and some normalmaps are to strong(like on the desert_duel map, the pic above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom