Not open for further replies.
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
having a different source is always better than saying "I just know it"
DB Wikia is not a source for anything. If it was reliable in every way then yes, why not. But it's not, so next time you shouldn't search DB Wikia when you try to explain or prove something regarding DB, because other people may assume that DB Wikia is a reliable source of DB information, which must be avoided to prevent dumb questions/discussions.

And it's not a good reason at all to doubt (although you probably don't) in DaizEX only for coming up with DBAF prank.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the Dragonball Wikia is a reliable source of information.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it does. Aside from the length of SSJ3 Goku's hair, whether Gohan was SSJ1 or 2 during Dabura's saga, or whether the sparks from the transformations are accurate, I'm pretty sure that most of the information is on the site and is accurate.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most (if not all) of this is trivia. I'm pretty sure that the wikia is still pretty accurate.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I shouldn't have bothered arguing with you. How can you be sure about something while you're obviously wrong? The evidence is right here.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not disagreeing that the wikia is probably mostly wrong (more.. not there) when it comes down to trivial information, but when it comes down to story and important information about characters and locations, I'm sure it's still accurate.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So it's not a reliable source of information.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not a reliable source of information for trivial information.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is overally not a reliable source of information. If you want to know what's Goku's name, then sure, go to DB Wikia. And even then DB Wikia may screw you up, because all the characters' names there are based on FUNimation dub, which is often incorrect. If you want information, you go to a reliable source in which things aren't made up and you're sure that you aren't being fooled.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
When did a topic bout fingers become an argument over who has the right information on their websites.... WHO CARES, STFU and get back on topic if you would please.

Piccolo has 4 fingers like in the manga, Enix wanted it that way and I agreed to it, so he changed it from our original 5 finger version. That's how it is, that's how it will most likely stay. Most of you are satisfied with it. Sooo ya...., discuss more bout that....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I apologize for contributing to the derailing of this thread.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm honestly pretty happy that it was decided to give Piccolo 4 fingers instead of 5. I find the manga approaches on the characters far more unique and artistic compared to the anime. Piccolo having four fingers makes him seem even more like an alien, and I totally support it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
butt...butt how will he properly pick his nose now since he only has 3 fingers?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
butt...butt how will he properly pick his nose now since he only has 3 fingers?
you said butt, hur hur hehe cool!

Anyways I thinkt it's looking just fine.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Which is overally not a reliable source of information. If you want to know what's Goku's name, then sure, go to DB Wikia. And even then DB Wikia may screw you up, because all the characters' names there are based on FUNimation dub, which is often incorrect. If you want information, you go to a reliable source in which things aren't made up and you're sure that you aren't being fooled.
Wow hlev, an english article uses the english names for characters, gadzooks, my mind she is blown. How dare they use the names that most of the western people who watch DBZ know the characters by. Clearly only sites that use the japanese names are-.....wait...what's this? Daizenshuu uses the word...saiyan?! Hmph, clearly they are an unreliable source of information for not using saiya-jin.

Also, your beloved website isn't the holy grail of dbz information so stop acting like it is and that everything else is wrong. It makes you look foolish. They aren't the only places that provide official information (are they run and written by akira toriyama? No? Then it's not "official") and they include stuff that wasn't manga. Like powerlevels after the Frieza saga, which are all just made up (kanzentai doesn't but daizenshuu does).

So, shows what you know. (See what I did there?)

On the topic of Piccolo: Personally I prefer the five digit look, but the 4 digit makes a nice change and either way it's still one sexy model. :) Looking forward to seeing it in action now. XD And I'll admit, I noticed the less fingers but didn't notice the finernail colour or the belt colour. :p

Quick question too, how much of a poly count difference is there between his hands and someone elses's hands? :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow hlev, an english article uses the english names for characters, gadzooks, my mind she is blown.
You mean DB Wikia uses incorrectly romanized names everywhere on their site? Okay, your mind is blown.

Daizenshuu uses the word...saiyan?! Hmph, clearly they are an unreliable source of information for not using saiya-jin.
Jin means human. Saiya-jin means a human from Saiya race. It's the same reason why Namekians are Namekians and not Namek-sei-jins or whatever in English. Although using -jin isn't quite wrong and it's actually commonly used in Daizenshuu EX. You can check Daizenshuu forums for more correct info.

Daizenshuu EX said:
'Saiyan' is the romanization for 'Saiya-jin'. One who is from Saiya is Saiyan, as one who is from America is American.
In any case your argument is invalid.

they include stuff that wasn't manga. Like powerlevels after the Frieza saga, which are all just made up
It doesn't have to be manga to be related to Dragon Ball or be official. And regarding battle powers, proof or it didn't happen.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
This was a great debate over fingers and such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom