Piccolo fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
On pict in main site he have 4 fingers but in anime have 5
piccolo-dragonball-z-1.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's... actually a pretty good point. Who ate Piccolo's finger?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the manga, nameks have only four fingers.

Best answers
screw manga>< search with google!!!!!! there it is 500:3!

XD i just saw it myself on the main side!
but well it seems to be a riddle.....when u make a search via google i also saw a picture with 3 fingers^^ but all of them are drawn by fans......

but the most are with 5finger...........and in all my games he also got 5.........so what the heck?????
also just watched some DBZ HE GOT 5!!!!!!!!:D

piccolo.jpg
Kingpiccolo.jpg
180px-Finalfight.jpg
dbz_-_piccolo_.jpg

i suggest u fix it before someone sees that:D

here a fake! as u can see its not DBZ its just drawn by fans.....bad bad reference u used....^^
tumblr_ljklehfZ7D1qcqriwo1_400.jpg

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but this mod is based on the Manga. That is why you will not see an Official Pikkon or Brolly.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our modellers are very dedicated to the origins of the series, aka the Manga. In the news thread you will find posts from them such as
nameks have 4 fingers in the manga
nameks also have black finger nails
I personally like the idea of piccolo being more unique with his 4 fingers. Also, our kid buu only has 3 fingers just like the manga. We are keeping true to the origins of this series.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. It's not like you'll count Picollo's fingers while you play. Most likely you won't eve notice so stop complaining about it. It's gonna stay four fingers and black nails. Full stop.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
screw manga>< search with google!!!!!! there it is 500:3!

XD i just saw it myself on the main side!
but well it seems to be a riddle.....when u make a search via google i also saw a picture with 3 fingers^^ but all of them are drawn by fans......

but the most are with 5finger...........and in all my games he also got 5.........so what the heck?????
also just watched some DBZ HE GOT 5!!!!!!!!:D

View attachment 1326
View attachment 1327
View attachment 1328
View attachment 1330

i suggest u fix it before someone sees that:D

here a fake! as u can see its not DBZ its just drawn by fans.....bad bad reference u used....^^
View attachment 1329

Official Art from Akira Toriyama and crew.
No edits by Funimation, Ocean, or anyone else.

Its all true to the story. The Anime added more stuff into the story. As said by Darktooth, most of the stuff was explain in the POTW thread.
Nameks have 3 fingers, he also has black nails, and they gave him his original Red Belt instead of the blue one.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im just gona coppy the specific part from the dragonball wiki

Note that in the manga, Piccolo, as well as all other Namekians, have only three fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand. In the anime, all Namekians (Piccolo included) have an additional finger on each hand, making it more human-like.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our modellers are very dedicated to the origins of the series, aka the Manga.
Yet characters' names are still based on FUNimation dub.
http://www.kanzentai.com/trans-daiz07.php?m=03&id=character

Im just gona coppy the specific part from the dragonball wiki
Dragon Ball Wiki is kept by a bunch of kids who don't know what they're doing. While in this case the information is correct, it's a mistake to search for any information there. Only Daizenshuu EX (forums) and Kanzentai provide the official information, which is manga, official guides (Daizenshuu, Super Exciting Guide, etc), anime (usually adds a comment that it's anime-only), games.

Here's an example of Dragon Ball Wiki vs Daizenshuu EX (there are a lot of examples, just search DaizEX forums).

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see no problem using the information if its correct.

But thats what google threw out. Beats searching DaizEX for it ^^

That aside im still kinda pissed at DaizEX for creating DBAF.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see no problem using the information if its correct.
You can't be sure if the info is correct if you're reading it from DB Wikia.

That aside im still kinda pissed at DaizEX for creating DBAF.
What?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't be sure if the info is correct if you're reading it from DB Wikia.
But i know the info is correct. And having a different source is always better than saying "I just know it"

http://www.daizex.com/general/feature/af_prank.shtml
Read up buddy.

Before that prank the "New Dragonball" series rumor was nameless and baseless. They made AF as a joke based on those rumors and ever since then all new series fake talks all bear the logo and name. While they are still baseless, they are a lot more annoying since they are all gathered behind 1 name.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THIS

Basically most of the DBAF related stories/fakes/rumors contain the logo and stuff fro DaizEX's prank
Oh, the prank. I myself find it pretty hilarious.

Best answers
well ok........but i liked broly:(

but anyway...why they made the difference? poor piccolo.....cant anyone show the middle finger:p

i dont care how much fingers he has....that green guy is just a shot of my kamehamehaa for me:p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually didn't notice ^^. It's pretty trivial, I'm sure you sculpt on another if you really wanted.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well ok........but i liked broly:(

but anyway...why they made the difference? poor piccolo.....cant anyone show the middle finger:p

i dont care how much fingers he has....that green guy is just a shot of my kamehamehaa for me:p
Legal issues. Its insulting to a minority of people in Japan. Kinda like saying the N word to a black guy on live TV.

This is from a FAQ from an old game with the same problem
Q: In the game I noticed that in the first game Abe and Mudokons have 4 fingers then in Abe's Exoddus they have only 3 fingers. What happened with the 4th finger?

A: Well, it's a long story that needs to be told. So here it is... Japan has a strict discriminating policy against any simulated characters entering their country with four fingers. Historically, Japan has had a subclass of meat packing workers that were typically looked down upon in their society. In later days, the blatant displaying of a four fingered hand gesture, intentionally directed at another, came to mean that you were calling them a member of the meat packing sub class. Which, we understand, was not at all a compliment.

It appears that the four finger connection with the meat packing class was due to work related accidents, but was so frequent that it came to symbolically represent the sub class. It seems as though this is a part of the Japanese history that some groups within Japan would like to see forgotten. Therefore, it is at great risk that you publish four fingered characters in Japan, as you may very likely end up in legal battles with a vociferous pressure group. This group claims that this type of representation is equivalent to and as degrading as the yellow star forced to be worn on Jews by the Nazi's during the Second World War.That is, it's offensive and degrading unless they can extort enough money out of you. Then it's all okay. Case in point: We were told that the Walt Disney Corporation is charged five million dollars a year by this group so that Mickey Mouse may live in Japan and retain his original four fingered design. Otherwise, old Mickey would need to see a surgeon and have something done about that
Source: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9996 (post number 8)

To bad the link to Abe's Oddyssee is offline.

But here is the wiki entery for the game
The design for the protagonist Abe and other Mudokons was also significantly altered. Certain Japanese pressure groups were offended by the Mudokons having four fingers, due to a historic Japanese subclass of meat packers who were looked down upon in society. Four fingers, or showing four fingers to another person, came to insinuate the other was a member of the subclass, because it had become symbolic of the meat packers who frequently had work-related accidents. Oddworld Inhabitants had to alter the design of Mudokons to having only three fingers, or else face legal battles and large fines.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddworld:_Abe's_Oddysee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom