Piccollo

Best answers
It has occurred to me that Piccollo doesn't really match up to almost any other character in ESF. Every char except him has a unique and useful advantage or many of them, and he really doesn't. Think about this: All the saiyans have an advantage of a 2x trans, which Piccollo does not, and obviously Goku has advantages, as well as Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, and even Krillin (don't make me argue that point). So the only people we can compare Piccollo to in terms of non-PL related advantages are Buu, Frieza, and Cell, all of whom also have 1.5x transes. Buu #1 has a huge PL to start with, plus Candy Attack and Regeneration, so without a doubt he has many advantages over Piccollo. Frieza has finger laser, which is better than eye laser by anyone's count considering the quick fire, and also Frieza Disc and Death Ball, which is much better than SBC IMO. Finally, Cell has much more versatility than Piccollo in that he has Kamehameha, Gallit Gun and SBC, plus Solar Flare and Frieza Disc. Finally I should note that transed Piccollo is tied for slowest character with Trunks, and still has relatively low HP, only a little higher than the SSJ people, and not enough to make up for his PL disadvantage. Scatter Shot sucks big time, as does Masenko. Wouldn't anyone agree Piccollo needs to be improved a lot?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Picollo is perfect as far as techniques are concerned. Scatter shot and masenko are usefull in certain situations. The one thing that picollo fails in is brute power. All the other characters just surpass him as far as pl balancing is concerned. This could be the circumstances in which I've played though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think all perma-trans chars should be at 2.0x transform, while chars able to descend are 1.5, since they gain PL faster while descended. Anyway, Piccolo's masenko needs a boost. It would be ok if it shot significantly faster or if it had damage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aim to the right or left of them while holding right click? Yea, if you know what you're doing its easy to hit them with it. Doesn't mean it doesn't do 1 or 2 damage a hit, though.

Best answers
I agree, but I think piccolo's personal attacks are great. He just needs a better beam attack.

Best answers
hehe ya its true he needs the powa :D but he also is the first dude to trans that dosent lsoe energy wile flyen....ahh....howing with super namik picclo :]

Best answers
yes i no what you mean piccolo is the faverit fighter but he sucks in esf him looking really skinny and slim as i should call it makes him look like a pussy.he has a lot of moves but half of them r weak he dousent have a secend transformation i dont care what people say he still looks like a weak mofo when transformed he need work really bad .

Best answers
Actually, I think he looks just fine....I don't need a fancy transed model with Piccollo, the point of him I think is less flashy, more technique and finesse...but unfortunately his "finesse" type moves aren't done well enough. he should have at least one more move, and scatter shot should be give some sort of use. I really think it's worthless right now, I never see anyone use it, and people still use even Kame Torps regularly.

Best answers
well in 1.2 they are giving the untransed piccolo his famous armor and when he transes he throws it off...I also think that piccolo is fine look at it this way...

Masenko....sure its weak but its the perfect attack against the unsespecting spirit maker hehe

Eye laser.....ITS GREAT its can fire pretty rapidly it does MUCHO damage if u keep it on target and it takes a ave amount of ki

Scatter Shot....This one i love all you do is hold down the right click and start firing its pretty much a SUPER REZUNOKEN I once counted a untransed fully ki piccolo's number of balls that come out of one attack and i got 35!! THE TRANSED VERSION GOT 78!!!! now you cant complain with that

The Special Beam Cannon.....BEST MOVE IN GAME!!!! This thing is a nuke, it may not have the blast radius of the kame or gallit but look at the damage half charged is a one hit kill! kame or gallit cant do that all the time but sbc does....And best of all it fires fast and can be piled up on a psing enemy

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um. Scattershot is a badass attack. When I played ESF frequently, I'd blast ppl into next week with it. Get near the ground, you're gonna die a horrible SS/Ki Bubble death. Picollo only really needs to be faster. He shouldn't be slow.

-Karrde-

Best answers
If i'm not correct please correct me, yet TILL the Freeza sage, andin the garlic junior sage, piccolo was the fastest char arround! were did his peed gone? if he got the speed cell has he would be awsome.

Best answers
i think piccolo is ok as he is...

the only thing that brings him down is that he has a 1.5 power multiplier...

and if your good enough that dosnt realy stop you...

piccolo in my opinion would be the best character in the game, if the balanced the saiyans down but DBZ is absed on the saiyans so i dought that will happen

Best answers
"I think all perma-trans chars should be at 2.0x transform, while chars able to descend are 1.5, since they gain PL faster while descended. Anyway, Piccolo's masenko needs a boost. It would be ok if it shot significantly faster or if it had damage."

Actually, it would be better if the perm transers got 1.5. If you increase by 1.5, you gain pl faster after you trans then before.

IE
With 1.5 multipier of PL
if you start at 1.6, you trans and get +800
if you wait until you are at 2 million, you trans and get +1million.

thus, you take the time to get 400,000 more, while there is only a 200, 000 difference in increase

Does that make sense to anyone, or am i insane?

Best answers
I just don't see scattershot being useful. If I'm in a fight against a really good players, we're going to be mostly meleeing, where Piccollo doesn't do so well (lower speed and the PL problem), with maybe some beams like Gallit Gun that are fast to come out, or Kame cuz it's harder to see it coming. Masenko is useless, because you have to stay in place to charge it, yet it's not even as good as Kame or GG. Good players won't stand there forming an SB. Eye laser may be good, but the point is, finger laser is better. My overall point is not that Piccollo is terrible, but that everyone else is a step above. Frieza has finger laser, and Death ball, and is faster and has more HP. Cell has much more variety and speed. Buu has Candy attack plus his starting advantage in PL, and also Mouthblast is awesome. Piccollo just doesn't have anything to match those people, and his 1.5 trans puts him behind all the saiyans as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact that Piccolo can shoot more than one SBC without much trouble is enough to make him equal with me.

I die more from SBCs and Scatter Shot Ki Blobs then probably any other attack in the game. I get beat by Piccolos WAY more often than I get beat by Cells, Friezas, or Buus.

Sounds odd? It isn't. Both of those moves fire so fast they can easily catch you offguard.

Piccolo wouldn't suffer much if they sped him up, but I don't think he all out sucks.

This problem could be fixed by my old idea with the kames, but applied to the SBC...

Have two of them. One is the current one. Then after you transform, you get a SECOND SBC, one where the charge is longer, the beam's attached, and you can't move while charging it.

Then...this second "Super SBC" becomes Piccolo's power struggling move.

Either this or a "super masenko" would be nice. But either way--you get the idea.

Best answers
piccalo pwns lol :D all i use r mele and sbc :) then com out with the top score(ushilly) o_o og yeah there attaching the sbc in 1.2 :cry: that wil totaly unbalance picclo dont do it :cry:

Best answers
actualy i thinka ttaching the sbc is a good idea... at the moment SBC is the 2nd most unbalnced move int he game the 1st is oobviously destructo disk which needs some tweaks but thats coverd in another topic...

newhoo the fact that sbc cant be detached is very bad, piccolo had to maintain it till the end in teh series and should eb so in ESF at the moment its way too powerfull...

and before you say that becasue u get owned by piccolo your wrong im a piccolo player and i ownly use him

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that originally SBC was going to become attached in 1.1... but there was a pretty large outcry against that, because as you can see piccolo doesn't have a lot going for him and SBC is a really good technique (move+charge, fire+forget, high powered+accurate).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What makes me mad about Piccolo in ESF is, why is he slow? He should be faster than Goku. In the anime, when Piccolo and Goku team up to fight Raditz.. Piccolo races with Goku to find Raditz. The only reason they were sort of equal in speed was because of the flying Nimbus. I'm not too sure, but I think I remember Goku telling Piccolo, "You are the fastest in the planet." or something like that, i'll have to make sure later. But yeah.. Piccolo should be at least as fast as Goku, if not faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom