Physics?

Best answers
You got some nice shaders. Don't you think it's time to physics? :D It'd be awesome :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You got some nice shaders. Don't you think it's time to physics? :D It'd be awesome :)
The game already has physics, but i think you're talking about ragdoll physics. I think they scrapped the idea since ragdoll physics don't really work as well on goldsrc and it would take some time to code it. Anyway i think that the animations so far look pretty good, if not better than what ragdoll would bring.

Last edited:
Best answers
Yeah, I'm talking about ragdolls and realistic physics applied to objects, particles, etc...
Anyway, it's nice to hear that you are working already on this. :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We wont be working on ragdolls. To much to put them in for only nice death animations. Regarding other stuff. Wait and see. Or go to harsens website ^^

Best answers
Hm... That's OK. Maybe ragdolls would pass unnoticed during ESF gameplay, I don't know. But I hope it will be introduced in the game on future versions. : - )

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hm... That's OK. Maybe ragdolls would pass unnoticed during ESF gameplay, I don't know. But I hope it will be introduced in the game on future versions. : - )
There won't be any future versions. ESF 1.3 Final is as its name says... Final..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only use ragdolls would have in ESF are death animations. Anything else would result in glitchines. And they arnt worth the time to put in for just deaths.

Best answers
Final version... I don't know, it's out of my beliefs that they made so many improvements in the engine to just launch a final release. I've read (or maybe not) somewhere in the forum that the "final version" will not be final at all.

The only use ragdolls would have in ESF are death animations. Anything else would result in glitchines. And they arnt worth the time to put in for just deaths.
Yes, I understand the network communication issues with physics. It's just incovenient for the gameplay to synch all the clients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom