physics in the game esf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
PhysX is built to promote NVIDIA GPUs. It doesn't work with non-GeForce GPUs (or at least it's intended to be like that, there may be some hacks), so it must die.
No man.. work at Radeon Series :) . Radeon X .. or Radeon HD .
Not only GeForce...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the demons!”
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons
“I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the demons”
And then John was a zombie.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
who cares if it's only for nvidia ^^
i sure don't since they still are the best.
Not the cheapest but the best imo...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who cares if it's only for nvidia ^^
i sure don't since they still are the best.
Not the cheapest but the best imo...
Im with Radeon as of lately. Their work in to Open CL and Nvidias initial refusal for its support is what made me switch sides.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well it the game is not run only by the graphics card. Also the GPU and CPU combo will have a large factor as well. AMD proccessor and NVidia GPU hands down are the best way to build a machine if you are only going to game with it. If you want your machine to do anything else that requires more proccessing power than browsing the web you should probably go with an intel CPU and AMD card set up.

Best answers
Im with Radeon as of lately. Their work in to Open CL and Nvidias initial refusal for its support is what made me switch sides.
Eh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL
This group worked for five months to finish the technical details of the specification for OpenCL 1.0 by 18 November 2008.
On 9 December 2008, Nvidia announced its intention to add full support for the OpenCL 1.0 specification to its GPU Computing Toolkit.
On 10 December 2008, AMD and Nvidia held the first public OpenCL demonstration, a 75-minute presentation at Siggraph Asia 2008. AMD showed a CPU-accelerated OpenCL demo explaining the scalability of OpenCL on one or more cores while Nvidia showed a GPU-accelerated demo.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AMD proccessor and NVidia GPU hands down are the best way to build a machine if you are only going to game with it.
Intel CPU is a better choice.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I agree, Intel and nVidia is a proper combination. Unfortunately I bought a Radeon card due to the price at the time. nVidia usually provides better driver updates so the hardware is properly utilised, well that's the general assumption on the Internet.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No man.. work at Radeon Series :) . Radeon X .. or Radeon HD .
Not only GeForce...
No it doesn't. Hardware acceleration, the most important feature, is available only to NVIDIA GPUs.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I agree, Intel and nVidia is a proper combination. Unfortunately I bought a Radeon card due to the price at the time. nVidia usually provides better driver updates so the hardware is properly utilised, well that's the general assumption on the Internet.
Na... the fastest.. is AMD Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition... with 13.2 beta5 .. driver.

@fuzzy "is available only to NVIDIA GPUs. "

No lol.. i have a Radeon... and PhysX work 100% at game... with Radeon... not only nvidia lol....

AMD FX 8350 = Intel i5-2500k ... or 3470k.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Na... the fastest.. is AMD Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition... with 13.2 beta5 .. driver.

@fuzzy "is available only to NVIDIA GPUs. "

No lol.. i have a Radeon... and pshyx work at any game... with Radeon...

AMD FX 8350 = Intel i5-2500k ... or 3470k.
Nope. Radeon only emulates Physx, instead of having full HW support. That leads to performance loss. Physx is for Nvidia as DirectX is for Microsoft.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
"Nope. Radeon only emulates Physx, instead of having full HW support. That leads to performance loss. Physx is for Nvidia as DirectX is for Microsoft."

Like ATI Streams, Nvidia Cuda Cores...not same hehe..
You say nope for?? only Physx.. or AMD 7970 GHz edition and FX 8350?

Last edited:
Best answers
Hars i said initial. They jumped on later, but initially they didnt really want to be part of it.
Source? Either way, you're talking ancient history.

At least they're part of it since OpenCL 1.0 (which seems to be the first release of OpenCL), and they were part of setting up the specification:
OpenCL was initially developed by Apple Inc., which holds trademark rights, and refined into an initial proposal in collaboration with technical teams at AMD, IBM, Intel, and Nvidia.

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Intel CPU is a better choice.
Used to be a time when Intel was twice as expensive as a AMD CPU with roughly the same specs (even though AMD has never been quite as fast because of the Cache differences). Wish I knew that Phenom IIs and i5s were going around the same price when I upgraded my PC last year though...Intel is definitely the processor to have, while nVidia is definitely the graphics card to have!

Last edited:
Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
FX 8350 Pilederiver(Vishera) is same performance at Intel i5-3470k or 3570k.
But heheh.. AMD Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition first 28nm GPU..and world's fastest..

Like it, "Never Settle".

But i know PhsyX is good for any game :D .

Last edited:
Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
http://www.havok.com/products/physics
http://www.havok.com/products more technology oh nice :D . Vision Engine,Cloth,Animation,Behavior,Destruction etc..
O.O next-gen. For AMD,, and nvidia? PhsyX by nvidia.. dead?

"Havok Physics is fully multi-threaded and cross-platform optimized for leading game platforms including, Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, Playstation® 4, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PC Games for Windows, PlayStation Vita®, Wii™, Wii U™, Android™, iOS, Apple Mac OS and Linux"

P.S Sorry for double !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom