Peter Falk("Columbo") died

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's a day old but still sad. I loved watching Columbo

Actor Peter Falk, known to millions as the rumpled star of television crime drama "Columbo," has died, KTLA.com reports. The actor was 83.

He reportedly was suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Falk first played Lieutenant Columbo (his first name was never clearly announced, though one badge image lists it as "Frank") in a 1968 TV movie. Its popularity led to a second film and then to the series, which ran from 1971 to 1978. Even after the show was canceled, Falk would play the laid-back detective in "Columbo" TV movies.

"He looks like a flood victim," Falk once said of his famous character. "You feel sorry for him. He appears to be seeing nothing, but he's seeing everything. Underneath his dishevelment, a good mind is at work."

Columbo's trademark was an ancient raincoat Falk had once bought for himself. After 25 years on television, the coat became so tattered it had to be replaced.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My mother in law suffered with Alzheimer's, sundowner's and dementia. Not a pretty way to go, at least his suffering has ended. God speed good sir, and thanks for the good TV!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;BB8xo9MvEsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB8xo9MvEsY[/video]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked this guy. But I'm pretty surprised no one's posted about Ryan Dunn yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom