Peter Cullen Returns!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rejoice Transformer fans! It is now official, during Paramount's presentation at Comic-Con 2006, a vocal "greeting" from Optimus Prime himself announced that Peter Cullen, the original voice actor for Optimus Prime in the 80s cartoon and movie, will be reprising his role for Optimus in the new movie coming out next summer.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/720/720477p1.html

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wikipedia.org said:
It is known that director Michael Bay has auditioned veteran Transformers voice actor Frank Welker to reprise the role of Megatron. Welker has reportedly sent in an audition tape for the role.
It wouldn't be Transformers without the original voice actors.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The original voice actors have always played the roles better then anyone they could ever consider to replace their roles with.

I still can't wait to see the movie :).

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
I'm not liking the sound of this film. So far the only good thing about it is Peter Cullen.

/me shudders at the new Optimus Prime design.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is, Starscream and Megatron have to be the old dudes. Particularly Starscream. They brought him back in every series and in every series the voice was NOTHING like him...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
All I know is, Starscream and Megatron have to be the old dudes. Particularly Starscream. They brought him back in every series and in every series the voice was NOTHING like him...
That's going to be kind of hard, considering that the original voice of Starscream, Chris Latta, has sadly passed away. Frank Welker, the original voice of Megatron (And Scooby Doo's Fred) is still alive however, and if we got Peter Cullen, we should get him as well.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Latta

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Also no chance of Scatman Crothers voicing Jazz (if he's even in it) as he died in '86. Which sucks because Jazz is awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've actually seen a lot of clones of Jazz with different names. I think they might have moved away from him. Don't know about for the movie, but the toys seem to indicate as much...damn PC BS.

Didn't Peter Cullen do Ironhide's voice, too? That would be frigging great if Ironhide was in it!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He did, and there was one other. Can't remember which though. I believe Ironhide is in, but will not be voiced by Peter Cullen.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Oh yeah, for all yee who don't know, this is what he'll be voicing.

EDIT: Fixed Link. It was due to me saving the pic as "Optimus****UpPrime". The post didn't like it. ^^"

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As an update, Frank Welker has submitted a demo tape for Megatron and presumably Soundwave, both of whom he voiced in the original cartoon. Soundwave's part in the film is said to be small to non-existant. We shall see. Further, it is known that director Michael Bay specifically requested that Welker turn in a demo tape, and he is seriously being considered for the role(s).

Also, Starscream has been confirmed to be a F-22/a Raptor, the replacement for the old F-15A which Starscream originally appeared as.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately a lot of things I hear about the movie indicate massive lameness...so in all honesty I'd almost rather they not be involved with it anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom