Pet Peeves / things that happen in your daily life that piss you off

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So, I was bored at work today, like I am everyday, and I was like "hmm, I should make a post on the ESF forums so people can post what pisses them off" so i did. Now post.

For me, most of the things happen at work. Here are a few things I can't stand:

1. When customers in drive thru have a lit cigarette and hang it out the window. Makes me gag every time =/

2. When customers ignore me; today a customer was like "I'll have 2 number 1's..."

"Okay, what would you like to drink with those two number 1's?"
"I'll also have a number 3..."
"Okay, what would you like to drink with those two number 1's and the number 3?"
"And I'll have a cinnemelt"
"Okay what do you want to drink?"
*Customer proceeds to pull around to my window*
This makes me want to reach out through the window and stab them in the face with a fork.

3. When customers order something, and I'll get specific and they don't answer correctly because they're morons; "I'll have an iced mocha please" "Okay, would you like that with whole milk? Or Non-fat?" "Yes" It's not a yes or no question you ****ing moron. GUH!

4. When customers ***** that we don't open at a time that's convenient for them. The other day a customer chewed me out because we didn't open at 5 am like other stores, we opened at 6.

5. Last sunday, I was opening the store, we open at 7 am on sundays. A lady had gotten there at 6:55. During those 5 minutes she kept backing out and pulling into the drive thru, probably thinking something was wrong. A police officer was in lane number 2 (Our DT has 2 lanes). At 7 am, I took the police officers order because the lady was being a moron, and was backing up, and I wasn't going to wait for her. After taking the cop's order, i took the ladies order, she said "You know, i've been waiting here for 5 minutes..." and I said "You know, we open at 7 am on sundays, and I can't take orders before that time" She drove off...

6. Customers who, as soon as they pull up to the drive thru lane, without giving me any time to say anything they're like "Hello? Hello! HELLO?!?!?!?!?!?!" It's like "whoa buddy, calm the **** down. Usually people who do that, I wait 10 or 15 seconds. Or let someone else take the order.

7. Deaf people who go into the drive thru, believe it or not, this happens all the time.

8. People who don't want to sit at the drive thru screen and order through a box, so they come up to my window instead. This happened to me today. He didn't want to wait at the box, came up to my window. I don't just stand there and wait for customers, I have other things to do, so that guy was probably sitting there for a good while. When I opened the window wondering what was going on, he proceeded to order his food with his window rolled up, like i could hear him...

That's all i got for now, post yours.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nursing School.....on so many levels....it's awful, even though it's getting me where I wanna be :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. When people are on a phone when trying to check out at my Register, Which now has a sign that says People on Cell Phones will not be serviced.

2. When people blame me for prices being so damn high.

3. When people say "Well, Walmart accepts this and that." **** YOU. I dont work at Walmart. I work at Food Lion.

4. When you are cleaning the floors and there are 2 walkways but, people decided to walk through the water instead. (Which now I trip people who do)

5. When people play music so damn loud after 10pm. People do wanna sleep ya'know

6. When people park at the entrences when bringing Grocery Carts back in. (Note: I bring in about 25 at a time so its not that easy to steer on sheer man power.)

7. When I am clearly getting the trashbag out of the can and they decided to either throw it in the bagless can or on the ground.( Which has gotten me 6 customer complaints for Swearing at customers.)

Thats all I got for now as well.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the line cooks get to spend time flirting with the waitresses after a rush but I can't because I'm dealing with the dishes from that same rush :(

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just about everything is a peeve to me these days.

I wish ONE (yes, ONE) corporation would take the planet hostage and force people back into survival of the fittest.

All these 'freedoms' we've gotten, have allowed the idiots to overpopulate the planet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I work at an FYE, and when I help a costumer find something, they hand me the item so I can walk back to the register to ring it up for them...Just hold on to the thing and pass it through the counter.

When I spend a long time looking for an item just for the customer not to buy it.

The phrase "FML"

The phrase "Shorty/Shawty"

When a person jokes around, and it'll be legitimately funny, but continues the joke longer than necessary, making it annoying.

People who email me making asking to make a movie for/with them,usually some 13 year old who has no idea what they are doing.

I can't stand when long sleeves sling to me forearms, or when I get water in them or down my neck.

art students who like to be different SOLELY for the sake of being different

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When my managers yell at me for talking to a coworker. I make minimum wage and do my best. Let me ****ing talk to a coworker for a minute or two, and **** off.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
When I'm eating and people are looking at me I feel like they are just observing me eat. It weirds me out. I'm sticking food in an orifice, it's gross don't watch! (I'm a vain mother****er so weird **** like that bothers me for some reason)

When sales reps come into my store and get all pissy about their **** not being displayed as much as one of their competitors, although I have no contract with them saying I should do anything. It's weird. Beer company sales reps are asswipes, Tobacco sales reps are pretentious ****tards usually.

Hearing people chew. I guess I'm just a weirdo about eating.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nicholas cage movies

Best answers
1. When people drive 10.. 15.. 20 mph BELOW the speed limit, and consequently create a line of cars about a quarter mile long.

2. When people ride my ass on the expressway when there's CLEARLY two other lanes open and I'm already going 15 over as it is.

3. Old people who clearly shouldn't be driving.

4. Someone is going 50 on the expressway... I'm unable to pass them and they choose to keep going slow, THEN when I finally get an opportunity to pass them (and I do), they suddenly speed up to 80 and ride my ass.

5. Drivers who don't use a turn signal.

6. People who blame anything but themselves for THEIR failure.

7. Using improper grammar... or not knowing how to spell simple words.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers

I wish ONE (yes, ONE) corporation would take the planet hostage and force people back into survival of the fittest.

All these 'freedoms' we've gotten, have allowed the idiots to overpopulate the planet
I think you just blew my mind!

Ignorance and arrogance in any form annoys the **** out of me.

I also don't like scratching my nails on a smooth surface.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

All these 'freedoms' we've gotten, have allowed the idiots to overpopulate the planet.

My hero ....

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A customer in Drive thru ordered a number 2 meal (The Quarter Pounder with Cheese) and then proceeded to ask me if that came with cheese. I wanted to strangle him. I think I may have anger issues =/

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A customer in Drive thru ordered a number 2 meal (The Quarter Pounder with Cheese) and then proceeded to ask me if that came with cheese. I wanted to strangle him. I think I may have anger issues =/
You could be mad at yourself for other reasons but you repressed them, and your taking it out on customers, or other people that annoy you of basic things.

Or you hate humanity enough already.

Or im bull****ting

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could be mad at yourself for other reasons but you repressed them, and your taking it out on customers, or other people that annoy you of basic things.

Or you hate humanity enough already.

Or im bull****ting
No. When something clearly says "with cheese" and you ask if it comes with cheese... YOU FAIL!

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you're mad because you work at McDonalds?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bad grammar/spelling/pronunciation, litter, gum, bad manners, certain internet memes (if I hear one more game lost...), Failblog (and its spawn), *****, the colour indigo (it is so not in the electromagnetic spectrum), unnecessary harm to animals/plants, just to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom