Perseus (a story written by me)

Retired
Best answers
Hey all, I wrote a story. it's not done yet, but I figured I would post part 1 of the story :)

I hope you guys are gonna enjoy it, if you dont tell me why not in a post and I might take it into consideration to change things in it :)

[align=center]Perseus[/align]

‘Go, go, go!’
Two silhouets are jumping out of a plane, from extreme heights. Both men are in black, falling down towards the earth, 100 meters above the surface they eject their parachute, slowly they are approaching a field, landing softly. Both of them are now disconnecting themselves from their parachutes. The two silhouets are standing there, in the grass landscape. The moon is glowing through the mountainpeaks, then they start to rush, running towards a forest.

‘We’ve got 19 minutes and 11 seconds, let’s make it count!’

‘Got it! Good luck my friend.’

the 2 bodies are spreading out into the woods, both going another way. One of the silhouets is running through the forest, in front of him there is a small river, which he crosses. While he crosses the river, the moonlight reveals more of the silhouet. He appears to be some sort of commando, and he’s carrying a rifle that looks state of the art. He’s completely in black, wearing a mask, and something that looks like an exoskeleton. He continuous his rush when suddenly he stands in front of a wall, the wall is 5 meters high. The silhouet suddenly flips back towards a tree, then pushes himself of the tree right over the wall. He makes a flip in the air, then he instantly crouches when he’s on the other side. He notices that there is a camera right besides him, right when the camera is about to turn to his direction he rushes towards it, and dives right underneath it. He grabs his semi-automatic pistol from his hip, and he shoots the camera. It’s very quiet over the wall, the only thing that stopped him was that camera. He goes towards a crate, to look around, he taps on his arm with his finger, and the eyes on his mask turn green. Some sort of night-vision. The area is completely sealed of with walls, there is one major metal door for transport purposes. In the middle of the area is a bunker, some lights are surrounding it, around it are some crates aswell. He looks at his watch

’14 minutes and 32 seconds, where is that signal Tellus’ he tells himself. Suddenly there is an explosion heard from pretty far away.

‘thank you.. now I got 30 seconds.’

The light surrounding the bunker start to flash a few times, then everything is completely black. The guy starts to run towards the bunker. The bunker is shaped like a rounded cube retangle. He is standing around the corner of the main door of the bunker. Everything is still quiet.

‘C’mon.. I got 20 seconds left for this.’

he walks towards the door, on the right side there is a small terminal. Which requires a card and a password. He grabs a small screwdriver from his side, and starts to open up the terminal. He cuts some wires and suddenly, the lights go back on. The malfunction in the wires cause the door to open. The emergency systems rerouted power. If he had cut the wires without the power being shut down, he would have gotten a shock. And the alarm would have been triggered. He walks inside a hallway, and finds an elevator right in front of him.

’13 minutes and 55 seconds left, I can make this.’

He steps into the elevator and it takes him down to a sublevel. He turns off his night-vision. And when the elevator stops and the doors go open. He instantly grabs his rifle. A trail of blood is infront of him, its covering the whole hallway he’s in.

‘what the.....’ he whispers.

The hallway is completely covered with metal plates and the ceiling has TL-lights, it has a very modern look. He starts to walk through the hallway slowly, then when he’s at the middle of the hallway. He hears a woman scream at the place where the elevator is. He quickly turns around to see the trail of blood and an empty elevator.

‘am I hearing things?’ he slowly backs away from the elevator and starts to continue his mission. At the end of the hallway there is a splitsection. He can go either left or right. The trail of blood is going towards the left side. On the wall at the split section there are 2 notices. One says ‘cantina’ with an arrow pointing towards the left side, the other says ‘research and development’ pointing towards the right side.

‘I must focus on my mission.. I can’t let something like this stand in the way..’

He moves towards the research and development hallway. He arrives in a next hallway section, with windows on both sides and some doors, behind the windows are offices.

‘why is it abandonned, I was supposed to be sent into a building with minimum security. But this is ridiculous, not even employees.’

At the end of the hallway is a metal door, he walks towards it. Again there is a small terminal, it requires a code. he places an object on the door, and turns it on. Some red numbers are showing on the small screen, then all of them become green. Its a 10 digit code, he types it in on the pad. And the door slowly opens. He goes through the opening, and he sees a big computer in front of him. Behind the computer is a box made of glass, it contains a canister of a gassy substance.

‘now to end the subtle approach’

he grabs his semi-automatic, and spins it around so he’s holding it at the chamber’s side. He hits the case with the backend of the gun, and the glass breaks. He puts the canister in his backpack, and starts running back towards the entrance.

When he reaches the split section, he looks at the blood trail. And notices that there is more blood smeered on the walls.

‘This can’t be..’

he starts walking into the cantina, with his rifle ready to fire. When he enters the cantina, all he sees are some lunchtables, and a dead-end.

‘what happened here..’

he starts running back towards the elevater, he keeps looking back to see if there is something behind him. Then when he’s in the elevator he closes the door, and goes to ground level. He quickly opens the maindoor of the bunker, and runs through it. He uses a crate to jump on the broken camera, and then instantly pushes himself from the camera over the wall. And runs back through the forest, crossing the river. Then suddenly he sees something lying on the edge of the river. He slowly walks towards it, and sees its the body of a native little girl. He touches the neck of the girl to see if she’s still alive, but fate had different plans for her.

‘what is going on..’

a small beep is coming out of his earpiece, and instantly looks at his watch.

‘1 minute..’

he rushes back towards the field where he started his infiltration mission. 50 meters ahead he sees a small aircraft standing in the field. He runs towards it

‘hey Hawk, is Tellus back yet?’
‘i’m afraid not Castus, did you complete your mission?’

suddenly Castus hears 5 beeps thought his earpiece, and looks at his watch

’00:00;00’

‘yeah..’
‘good, come on in’
‘we can’t leave yet, we have to wait for Tellus’
‘order is an order Castus!, we’ve reached the deadline’
‘please..just another minute’
‘argh! This will be noted in our records.. the boss wont be pleased’
‘after everything i’ve done for him, i’m sure we can just take 1 minute’

Then they hear gunshots from the forests

‘****...Tellus..’

Castus runs towards the forest trying to find out what happened to Tellus.

‘Castus wait!, damnit..there goes our invisibility’ Hawk jumps in his advanced aircraft. And quickly flies towards Castus.

Then out of the forest, Tellus arrives. He is hurt. Castus runs towards him, and notices that he got shot in the leg.

‘what the hell happened Tellus!’ Castus holds Tellus on one side, and carries him towards the advanced plane. Hawk is flying towards them and opens his cargobay. Castus then suddenly throws Tellus 10 meters into the cargobay. And jumps into it aswell. Quickly the cargobay closes. And the plane takes off into the night.

‘Thanks...Cas’ Tellus mumbles.
‘no problem, it was a rough day...make it a relaxing flight home Hawk’

Hawk looks towards Castus and starts to smile ‘Did I ever let you down?’

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad. A very mysterious beginning :). The whole story is, can't wait to see what happens next. Although that seemed like a decent ending to a story to me.

Retired
Best answers
thanks, but a lot of it isnt explained. so its not over yet :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
thanks, but a lot of it isnt explained. so its not over yet :)
Well the blood drips and all the weird things that happened aren't concluded but that ending makes it seem as though they were all saved bla bla bla bla bla happily ever after :rolleyes:. But still, you are right, alot of unanswered stuff.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice Judge, your dialouge feels a little forced, you may want to add more character to the different personas.

Retired
Best answers
Thanks cuc, i'm writting part 2 and I think that the complete story falls into place at the end. everything should become clear at the end, unless ofcourse i'm a nerd and forgot some things :p

Retired
Best answers
Part 2, even more confusion :) enjoy:

20 minutes later..

The aircraft is flying though mountains and after a while it starts to slow down. It hovers in front of a mountain peak and suddenly a door opens up infront it, the mountain is not what it seems. The aircraft flies in and lands on a landingpad and the door closes. There are 2 landingpads inside the mountain, the walls are completely made of concrete with metal plates covering them. The door of the aircraft starts to open, Hawk and Castus walk outside. 2 men in white suits who are carrying a thin medical bed are approaching them.

‘Where is he’ one of the men asks
‘Inside’ Castus replies.

The 2 men walk inside the aircraft, to medical aid Tellus.

Suddenly the intercom cracks open:
‘Castus, please report to Deadbolt.’

‘It’s your funeral mate’
‘thanks Hawk..’ Castus replied.

Castus walks towards an elevator that is right infront of him, above the elevator there are initials saying ‘FLD’. Technicians are checking all the aircrafts, and this is only the upperpart of the base. It shows how huge this organisation is.

When Castus reached the elevator, he presses a button named ‘b2’, which brings him to the basement. Once the elevator got to its destination, the doors open. Castus walks through the hallway, there are loads of cubicles and offices around. He walks around a few corners, and then knocks on a brown door.

‘Come in.’ A voice says on the other side of the door.
Castus walks in, he sees a big man in a chair behind his desk.

‘Good morning Deadbolt’ Castus says.
‘skip the formalities, I want to know what went wrong down there!’
‘Nothing sir, I completed my primairy objective, in my eyes that is the requisite of a succesfull mission.’
‘bull****...let me remind you who you are Castus!, you are a soldier. I give the orders, and I expect people to follow them. Your secundairy objective was to stay invisible, I got Hawk’s flightrecord right here, and I can tell you now that bullets flying around isn’t my idea of a stealthy approach. But you do have the virus, which is good news ofcourse.’

‘yeah, what does the virus do though?’ Castus asks.
‘you don’t need to know’ Deadbolt replies.
‘Dismissed.’

Castus stands up, looking at Deadbolt. Then he turns around and heads through the door. He walks through the hallway, back towards the elevator.
‘Castus!’
A guy moves towards him, he is wearing a white suite. Not the normal style of the organisation.

‘Who are you, i’ve never seen you before.’ Castus asks.
‘My name is Mentis.’
‘I don’t know you, though you look familair.’ Castus says
‘You know me better than you think, I came to warn you Castus. Nothing is what it seems, dont trust anyone, not even your own judgement. Now you must go’

the elevator beeps, castus quickly turned just to see the doors open. Then he turns back towards Mentis, just to realize that he’s gone. Castus looks around wondering who the guy was. In the confusion castus decides to go home because it has been a rough day, he gets a grip, and he steps back into the elevator. Going towards ‘b3’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom