Perhaps changing health, and some Ki costs?

Best answers
I've written a MUD using this idea, and I think it's a good idea.

Anyway, the idea is to have your max health equal to your current Battle Power. And use a percentile for switching to and from turbo. So if in turbo you have 1,250,000 Health, out of turbo you would go down to 1,000,000 health (along with your BP). Attacks could do more damage, yes, but characters would also survive more damage (much like characters from the anime). And whenever characters gained BP, their HP would change accordingly (in a percentile format).

And as for Ki, perhaps have some Ki costs be constants? Such, as, for swooping (amount of energy/second) be something like 20,000 Ki, and for Zanzouken (instead of as a percentile) maybe 50,000? Or something along those lines... I mention this, because, in-game characters run out of Ki constantly in melee, and they're powering up all the time. Whereas, [anime] they didn't really power up, except to increase their power.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt really want health increased with power. i think defense should increase instead

Best answers
imkongkong said:
i wouldnt really want health increased with power. i think defense should increase instead
Both would increase, in a sense. Attacks would have their own power ratings. (For example, Piccolo's Ma Kan Kou Sa Pou was 1,444, whereas, his own power was only 441. Radizu was 1,250-ish and wasn't used to fighting people as strong as he was, so he didn't know how to block an attack of that power... Besides, he was stuck by Son holding his tail).

Getting stronger would increase your abilities to reduce damage, as well as increase your abilities to block attacks.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, this would suck. A player on a particular server for 2 hours would have a pl that was huge, this would increase their defence and their hp, pretty much making them unstoppable for the person who just joined the server

Best answers
Rocky87 said:
No, this would suck. A player on a particular server for 2 hours would have a pl that was huge, this would increase their defence and their hp, pretty much making them unstoppable for the person who just joined the server
Gee, what does that remind me of? Oh yeah, Dragon Ball Z.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what else reminds me of DBZ? Kid Buu dominating everybody, why don't we make Kid Buu really really strong and have everybody start out with low hp and low pl and have to somehow try and beat Kid Buu, that'd be really realistic [/sarcasm]

The idea works in theory, but then again so does communism.

Best answers
Rocky87 said:
You know what else reminds me of DBZ? Kid Buu dominating everybody, why don't we make Kid Buu really really strong and have everybody start out with low hp and low pl and have to somehow try and beat Kid Buu, that'd be really realistic [/sarcasm]
Wow, no, really, the anime actually reminds you of the anime?! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!

There was a big difference there. Everyone was basically out of power. Therefore, the energy ball was (as usual) the last desperate idea to defeat Majin Boo. Fortunately, the Lord of Worlds homeworld (Kaioushin Home), was a holy place capable of connecting to the rest of the universe. So Gokou was able to use the energy from Nameck, Earth, the Onii in Hell, and Enma Daiou.

After creating the Energy Ball, it wasn't enough and was bounced back, so they used the Dragon Balls as a desperation (by quick thinking form a certain Saiyajin prince), restoring Gokou who went Super Saiyajin, and poured pretty much all of his energy into the Energy Ball as he launched it back at Majin Boo.

But, Oob was even STRONGER than Majin Boo, and Gokou was capable of fighting Oob without Super Saiyajin.

So from this we can gather:
-The Energy Ball is still stronger than Majin Boo
-Majin Boo can still be fought just the same

I don't care if their defence goes up. It doesn't need to, and I don't think it really should. More hitpoints, means, you can take more damage (save the sarcasm), meaning you don't need more defence. It just coincides with what we see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dislike this idea strongly, there is no need to fix the health and so on! So what if it's not like the anime! Vegeta didn't totally pwn Goku in ssj either, but I can live with that =D (mwhahahah)

Best answers
Emhilradim said:
There was a big difference there. Everyone was basically out of power. Therefore, the energy ball was (as usual) the last desperate idea to defeat Majin Boo. Fortunately, the Lord of Worlds homeworld (Kaioushin Home), was a holy place capable of connecting to the rest of the universe. So Gokou was able to use the energy from Nameck, Earth, the Onii in Hell, and Enma Daiou.

After creating the Energy Ball, it wasn't enough and was bounced back, so they used the Dragon Balls as a desperation (by quick thinking form a certain Saiyajin prince), restoring Gokou who went Super Saiyajin, and poured pretty much all of his energy into the Energy Ball as he launched it back at Majin Boo.
that's actually very wrong... the only power that goku recieved for the spirit bomb was from the people of planet Earth.

and i kinda like the idea.. maybe if there was a limit cap using the pl average of the server?

Best answers
Jumin said:
that's actually very wrong... the only power that goku recieved for the spirit bomb was from the people of planet Earth.

and i kinda like the idea.. maybe if there was a limit cap using the pl average of the server?
You say that, yet, in Episode 289 (Goodbye Majin Boo), in the Japanese Anime( at least, not sure if they decided to put in another "lovely" deviation for America), the Kami (Dende) mentions that they've given all their energy, and the Nameckians are collapsing, and it's still not enough. He asks Kibit to send him to Kaioushin Home so he can heal Gokou, but, Kibit says he is out of energy after giving it to the energy ball. All the Onii in hell are collapsing, and even Enma Daiou is nearly collapsing, and he grabs the TV and yells, "YOU'VE GOT ALL OF OUR ENERGY TOO!"

Trust me, if I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have said it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Anyway, the idea is to have your max health equal to your current Battle Power. And use a percentile for switching to and from turbo. So if in turbo you have 1,250,000 Health, out of turbo you would go down to 1,000,000 health (along with your BP). Attacks could do more damage, yes, but characters would also survive more damage (much like characters from the anime). And whenever characters gained BP, their HP would change accordingly (in a percentile format).
The higher your powerlevel the more damage you give and the less damage you take. In effect, what you suggested is how it already works. Pointless to make it more complicated.

Emhilradim said:
And as for Ki, perhaps have some Ki costs be constants? Such, as, for swooping (amount of energy/second) be something like 20,000 Ki, and for Zanzouken (instead of as a percentile) maybe 50,000? Or something along those lines... I mention this, because, in-game characters run out of Ki constantly in melee, and they're powering up all the time. Whereas, [anime] they didn't really power up, except to increase their power.
How did you come up with those numbers. I think perhaps you've gotten powerlevel confused with ki. Just because something didn't happen in the show doesn't mean it should be in the game. I mean seriously, if no one ever had to charge up for anything what kind of game would you have. "True to the anime". Well you know what, if you want to have Buu being the only playable character thats fine, but it's never going tohappen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Wow, no, really, the anime actually reminds you of the anime?! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!

But, Oob was even STRONGER than Majin Boo, and Gokou was capable of fighting Oob without Super Saiyajin.

So from this we can gather:
-The Energy Ball is still stronger than Majin Boo
-Majin Boo can still be fought just the same

I don't care if their defence goes up. It doesn't need to, and I don't think it really should. More hitpoints, means, you can take more damage (save the sarcasm), meaning you don't need more defence. It just coincides with what we see.
Well thanks for the history lesson, if there's ever an award for "Most knowledgeable in DBZ history" I'd nominate you as the winner. Unfortunately I fail to see the connection with above history lesson and you're idea.
More hitpoints means longer and harder to kill. The fact is a person who just joins a server which has people who have been playing for more than 2 hours is going to get completely, totally and utterly owned because he/she will be unable to kill that person due to the additional health. It would be a nice addition (I'm not discounting the validity of the idea) but in a game of balance and fairness like ESF it doesn't belong.

In case thats too much to read, a summary: Its a good idea, but impractical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom