Perfect Cell model.. critique

Best answers
Have you guys seen the p.cell model for ECX RC2? Dont hate me for bringin this mod up.. but I feel it is just so superior to the 1.3 version... i mean the color on it is kinda off... but above all the model is freaking awesome... the 1.3 just doesnt look right.. i hope the team decides to remake this model..

Ill post the picture of the ECX model when I get a chance ;)

what do u guys think? :rolleyes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're generally not allowed to create threads about ECX / EVM.

Since this is here though, I'll answer the question. It's entirely irrelevant as to whether or not one model is slightly better than the other. ECX fails from a gameplay point of view and having a slightly better model makes no difference. 1.3's model is fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ur fat .....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a side note. Kama is an artist. So he likes to leave his artistic signiture on the models. He stated many times that he doesnt like DBZ hence why he skins the models his own way.

And personally i agree with him :)

EDIT: LOL Enix

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub, he didn't want ECX to replace ESF, he wanted the ESF team to consider redoing Cell for 1.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he's saying redo perfect cell for 1.3

there were two perfect cell models for 1.3. one that god gundam and kama made and one that mastasurf made. the team voted which one to use and masta's won

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
Sub, he didn't want ECX to replace ESF, he wanted the ESF team to consider redoing Cell for 1.3.
I know. I'm arguing that it ultimately doesn't matter if ECX has a slightly better model.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure it does its eye candy that brings people into the game and the gameplay usually keeps them staying wanting more.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's on the Half-Life engine. People used to play EVM when it was nothing but red boxes.

Eye candy ultimately doesn't matter.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
It's on the Half-Life engine. People used to play EVM when it was nothing but red boxes.

Eye candy ultimately doesn't matter.
those redboxes are caused by not installing patches in right order, but, yeah...
ECX is just eye-candyer than ESF but skillz are almost unimportant in ECX

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't matter what engine its on, if it looks good people will check it out. I've seen a lot of nice stuff produced on the half life engine stuff that hasn't been released to some of the public.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember Mechmod Phobius? That thing looked better than some Half-Life 2 mods, yet no one played it. Eyecandy ultimately doesn't matter.

People who are looking for Half-Life mods generally won't care about graphics.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub the only eye candy thing about it was the water in my opinion. At the time I didn't bother checking it out cause my system was crap and barely able to handle ESF as it was so I have no idea how popular it was, though I heard through the grapevine a lot of people played it even after they shutdown the project.

What I'm trying to get at is if you have nice models and have nice in game screenshots you will will attract new players to the game and if they like the gameplay then more then likely they will stay.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sub said:
People who are looking for Half-Life mods generally won't care about graphics.
Unless it looks like crappy as hell.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graphics attract people (usually the people we don't want playing the game in the first place), gameplay retains people. The former can't exist for very long without the latter, and the latter can exist without the former as long as it is sufficiently enjoyable.

That said, both 1.2 and the open beta are dead (No, I'm not saying the team stopped working on 1.3 o.0). 1.2 has pretty downloadable sprites and models, but the game still isn't raking in hundreds of new players nor is it retaining anyone, so the idea that pretty graphics or a new model is what the game needs is just plain wrong. The open beta is nothing but pretty graphics, so the lack of servers and players isn't surprising.

Leave the aesthetics for after you actually have something worth playing.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only difrents betwin the cell is the Poly cont, the 1.3 cell has up to max 2000 polys when the ecx cell has up to 4500 polyes , more polyes more quality lower fps , less poly less quality more fps.But there's allwase the posibility of CUSTOM MODELS .Problem solv

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Cell any ways :p

As John said, if you don't like it, go custom.

Best answers
well.. yea of course.. but you guys gotta remember its just constructive criticizm... a model that has 4500 polys is obviously going to look better than one with 2000, but apart from that, just the proportions and all that stuff look awesome on the ECX version... not that its going to matter if ESF gameplay ends up being entirely superior to ECX.. which is already in my opinion much better with all the cool animations and the beam struggles and... etc...

and yeah xD

and dude cell does NOT suck.. apart from super buu hes the coolest villian.. and the TRUE ending of DBZ... buu was an attempt to ressurect DBZ after akira toriyama was begged not to end the series...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
StealthSudaka said:
and the TRUE ending of DBZ... buu was an attempt to ressurect DBZ after akira toriyama was begged not to end the series...
False, true ending was freeza saga.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea DBZ was suposed to end with goku getting killed along with Frieza when Namek blows up. But for the reasons of to much cash flowing in they continued with Cell and Buu and lateron GT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom