Perfect Cell - Cel Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
wow,looks awesome.i think his feet are a bit to big.it looks almost perfect to me. :yes:
EDIT:the sphere on his head is to small,so is his black plate on his chest(i hope you understand what i mean o_o )

Best answers
the arms look dislocated to me, i found that most of you models do that, they are bending the wrong way, rotate the forearm and down inwards a lil and also the side view looks like he is eather leaning to much or the front it to big.... k my 50cent :O

Best answers
Wow....that's like Bodukai modeling right there. That's brilliant. Did you use 3dS Max? If so, how did you cel-shade it? It looks pimp...O_O

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the body looks good to me, but i still dont like the face of him, it doesnt really resembles that cell character imho.
still 100x better then i could do tho ^_^
i'd say lenght his face, make the eyes smaller/sharper and wide his mouth a bit.

Best answers
Envee, modeling has nothing to do with it, this would be more budokai skinning style.
and even that's wrong :p
It's cell shaded skinning style, some people used this skinning style on DBZ models before budokai did you know ;) ( points to zeq2 )

About the model, i'm guessing you used Davidskiwam's refs right ?
that's ok if you dont care much for real accuracy, if you would then you'd make ur own ref's from shots from the serie's.
i dont mean to take a piss at david, his ref's look real nice but they are far from 100% accurate.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah thats right, i did used david his ref and it might not be 100% acurate, but it is the best thing available. as for using screenshots out of the show, the drawing style differs from time to time. so what is really 100%?

Anyways I changed a few things at the hand of pics out of the show and the budakai model so if you would place over david his ref you would see some differences in sizes etc.

another thing, I found out that it looks more yellowish on my laptop screen. when i look on my desktop monitor it is green :p wich should i believe ?! my laptop or crt. (Im talkin bout the skin here)

Best answers
well TFT screens colors arent as accurate as CRT screens, so go for CRT ;)

i know the serie's arent always accurate but it's pretty close, personally i would try to make the ref from serie's screens, but that's just me.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let me help you out there =]

if you want 100% like blaize said, refs from the series are your friend, yes the drawings change from episode to episode, some are great, some are ugly...sadly...but use what you find best.
some manga refs are good too, you just have to pick the ones you like:

those refs above are the ones i like and collected myself, use em' if you want. =]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha the way you modeled the mouth, he has this expression.

=O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
could you post a wireframe, or just some pretty render without the skin/cell shaded color thing?

your whole 'cell shaded' style is throwing me off.

Best answers
only thing i see wrong is the head bits (green bits on top) they need to be bigger and curve out more to show the black top of his head, as you see in those ref images the green shell bits on his head are 3 - 4 times longer than his face ^_^ and mabie the sholders bigger and more defined

other than that Wicked model man that ausom!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the ****, EPIC thread necro!

DBZHOOD, man, those are some older memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom