peoples choice of game

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I was wondering what people where thinking of the best games from the last 5 years.

Wich game had the best action, best fantasy, best game play, best ingame story, best mmorpg.

And why you think this is the best.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering what people where thinking of the best games from the last 5 years.

Wich game had the best action, best fantasy, best game play, best ingame story, best mmorpg.

Well for me, the best action game within the last 5 years would be Mass Effect 2. Its simply too much fun to play. Its gameplay is very addictive. Being a Vanguard in it is the best. Make a team mate lift up a foe, use Garrus's Concussive shot, and then finish it with a Shockwave or a Biotic Charge. Epic combo finishes. Not to mention it has one of the best weapons ever made in a game, the K.A.N.E.!

For the Fantasy genre, I really haven't been impressed in the last 5 years. The only game that came close was The Witcher. The game had some seriously good setting. Took a while to get used to, but it was worth it. Can't wait to play Witcher 2. My favorite Fantasy/RPG game of all time is TESIII: Morrowind.

I have two games for the Best gameplay category, Mass Effect 2, you already know the reasons why, and Half-Life 2 & Episodes. The HL series is a no brainer. But I've never had as much fun playing a game as when playing any game from the Half-Life series.

Best in-game story undoubtedly goes to Half-Life 2 Ep2. No game has gripped me as emotionally as Ep2. I was Happy, confused, curious, stunned, sad, mad, scared, angry, relieved and much more within a span of few hours. The people at Valve are geniuses of story telling.

I haven't played a whole lot of mmos, but I've played enough to make my opinion count. Perfect World was my first mmo, and it was truly exhilarating. I still haven't had as much fun playing, making friends and just goofing around as in that game. But I am sure if I got back, the effect won't be the same. Regarding gameplay though, Vindictus takes the cake. My only qualm is it gets really monotonous at higher levels.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

From last 5 years?

Best action? F.E.A.R (wait that's 6 years old now is it?). I simply love the John Woo , Matrix action games with slo-mo and the dark theme was a plus

Best Fantasy? I don't know, i guess Dragon age

Best Gameplay? Live For Speed (yes i'm serious... i love the game.. and how i can even enjoy it with my keyboard without it losing realism)

Best ingame story? best story in a game from last 5 years? that's a tough one.. i guess Mass Effect had a pretty cool story without many plotholes

Best MMORPG? World Of Warcraft ... haven't found another MMORPG which didn't either copy WoW or try to be innovative and failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom