People want big sprites people dont want big sprites solution?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I thought about a solution for this so let me hear you (reply, no I won't use exclamation mark because people will start throwing curses at me with no reason and it didn't happened to me before but for others it did, what is so wrong, it makes the title more bold, same for capital letters)

"People want big sprites people dont want big sprites" conspiracy, (I know its not related, its just a fun word ill use it instead "problem") well its not a big problem but I guess some people would like big sprites, so I thought why not when ESF 1.3 officially comes out (With god's help) in the installation they should put 2 sprite packs, 1 for the normal size sprites and 2 is for the bigger sprites, this way people will choose what they want and everybody wins. If there is a coding problem just make the max explosion, beam size and such to a max limit then both sprites can work and people will have the ability to choose!

Is it a good solution or "hey, lets just criticize him with curses and not help to make his idea better!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I choose door Nr 2 !!

In my experience, big beams made it impossible to aim and made it harder to hit someone. So being the bastard i am, i say NAY!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, that is what I meant, you can choose what you want, so why saying no?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Is it coding? Isn't it just adding the files in the main installation? in a separate folder. Or like some games have an installation that you can choose what you want to install (like you want to skip sounds) so it can be the same, you choose from 2 categories in the installation, small or big sprites. And not everyone know how to edit and there is a problem in downloading at esf-world right now (at least for me)

More people are welcome to reply :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can branch an installation (assuming your installer has its own scripting language allowing you to do so). It'll install different files (but with the same name), so there's really nothing additional to code in ESF itself.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some sprites are already at full size, some sprites cannot be bigger than coded, some sprites require a code change. It's more than just a sprite job to include 2 different sized sprite packs. I'd rather the coders updated gameplay instead of sprite sizes tbh.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
hmm, so its not just changing the code in the max size? too bad.

lol, Spunky your avatar makes me want to watch bevies and buthead.

btw someone knows how the next 1.3 release is going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom