pcjoe *all welcome*

Best answers
How is the melee system coming along? i trying to ask is because i was told it is hard to make melee into a game that is like a fps (hl engine) and i checked out some games that uses it also like vampire slayer mod. i would be right on someone and it does not say i hit them. *was told it was netcode dont really know* are these some of the probs you are having? i dont want you to give to much away just something that poped in back of my mind.

p.s reason i did not pm this cause i am pretty sure someone out there would like to see answer to this also :/ also any others who are helping with the melee can answer also i dont really know for sure i just said pcjoe cause i know him better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they are not telling anyone.

i think they should... cos right now im thinking it will be total ****

i mean dmzs "oni like" fighting turned out to be one move.. that sucks anyways..

so im not holding any high hopes, but i am trusting joe to do something better then dmz..

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are releasing a video of about 1/2 of melees features pretty soon(when we can get the record-demo thing working right...), so you will see then:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
We are releasing a video of about 1/2 of melees features pretty soon(when we can get the record-demo thing working right...), so you will see then:)
if i was a girl i would shag u!

but im not

so wont..

o_o

j00 cool man, get dat video!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
your having trouble getting it working???

I do it all the time with ESf yesterday i mad one of a 3 way power strugle

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I tested the new melee with Joe the other night.............

P]-[34R his Talents ppl

It toally RAWKS!

[and so does he DAMMIT!]

:cry:

ultrassj_vegeta

U
o this will be soooo sweeeeeet......tepus... bad dog!! bad dog!!....u horny little bum...... yah dmzs was like...how do i say this....quite awful.. wow hyper punch... it was ... must not flame......and i hate the controls.. its soo bad..... i mean honestly... thats y u play fps an not beat em up....... and the zanzoken.... its awful.. u gotta keep switchin it on and off... otherwise it stuffs u up.......esf will kick its arse......i hope... im sure....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i wanna know is the basic style of the melee if it will be like JK2 run in swingin (i know there is a fair bit of skill involved, i play it heaps for ages in the end i would play maximum number of bots and max difficulty and still win, Tho one good thing it had a very good collision system is it possible to get ideas or somethin from the JK2 code on the collision system or isnt it needed)

*Wait and see d00d*
Cheeseman

Retired
Best answers
with out letting out to much since some of it is kinda sketchy at the moment. basicly thier will be to modes of melee, a simple and advance. simple is fast as hell, not to demanding brians wise but still requires skillz. Think of it as kinda Q3 fighting(that kinda of pace) the advance is simply that more advance, u have control over ur combos and what not, it's a slightly slower paced combat, but definetly more skillfull. now the simple melee is basicly done, me and a couple others feel that we want to hold of on the advance, but this has not been decided yet. but whatever we do decide, im sure u'll like it. Simple is fun as hell, i dont even really mind getting the crap beat out me by joe. and like joe said we will gets a few vids out to yall soon. hope that helps a little.

sorry bout spelling :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i don't understand how theirs 2 modes

will it be 2 different weapon slots you can choose from?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
basically, its a server CVAR(you can set it in advanced server options). 2 different types of melee, Advanced Melee and Simple Melee. Unfortunetly there isnt enough time to squeeze in advanced melee, so Beta 1 will only come with Simple Melee(Not BFP simple, fairly advanced)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, if i can smack them up good, im happy.

Best answers
I never thought melee would be that fast in halflife, but from what your telling us it seems that your new melee fighting system will be better than even BFP. Bid for power was kinda stupid though, you moved too fast and it became annoying to control your character and make him inflict any serious damage without leaving yourself open for an attack. I have high hopes for this mod, I hope there comes a working beta soon. :)

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The simplified melee is already far superior to BFP.you guys wont be disappointed ;)

Best answers
NightShade how dare you question the almighty Joe's talent. AYIYIYIYIYYIYIYIYIYIYIY get him!!!
PcJoe he so fine, he so fine he blow yo mind. Beta is gonna r0x0rs your s0x0rs.

Best answers
i have no doubts it is just wondering what probs he had making it. without giving to much away. *prays there is cool effects happens when super sayains melee*

Best answers
Originally posted by Holy Crusader

PcJoe he so fine, he so fine he blow yo mind
There you go once again making me feel strange/uncomfortable

:shocked: o_o ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom