PC vs MAC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please only reply if you know your computer jizz and have had experience with both systems =)

anyways please state which one is a better buy and why

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends what you want to use it for. If you want a gaming machine, then a Mac is definitely NOT the way to go. If you want to use a computer for simple things such as word processing, e-mail, etc--you're better off with a cheap PC.

There's a lot of good graphic design software for both Macs, and PCs. But if you want a versatile machine, there's really absolutely no reason to buy a Mac.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people say macs are good for graphics like photoshop and other image programs but whenever id use one in my commercial design class the POS would always crash. i dont care what statistics or facts you have nothing will convince me that macs arnt useless waistes of money. if you have a mac i suggest you get a sledge hammer and bash the **** out of it.

words cannot describe my hatred of those ****ing machines

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
people say macs are good for graphics like photoshop and other image programs but whenever id use one in my commercial design class the POS would always crash. i dont care what statistics or facts you have nothing will convince me that macs arnt useless waistes of money. if you have a mac i suggest you get a sledge hammer and bash the **** out of it.

qft \o\

Mac's are disgusting D:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed.

My school only uses macs. And for one, it's all backwards, nothing like windows so it pisses me off to no end. Then you have the constant crashing, every time i try to learn music theory it crashes on me and i just wanna throw it out with window. PC will always win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm *forced* to use them in the school for film, audio and image editing: which sucks because it means I can't use anything i've worked on at home. Besides, I don't think there's anything you can't do on a PC that you can on a Mac, but the same cannot be said the other way around.

VivaLaPineapple said:
QFT 2

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I hear Macs are good for is composing music. Supposedly there's better music software for the Mac than the PC, though I don't know why, or if it's even true; I haven't researched it myself.

Though Mac has some Unix elements, I have to go with the lesser of two evils here. =o

PS: Why do Mac users insist that their Mac isn't a PC? The last time I checked, PC stood for "personal computer," not "personal computer running a non-Apple operating system."

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pfft.... Apple only has like 10% of the Pc industry anyway (according to some servey I looked at a while back when I was doing some school project). Though they use to be popular in early GUI days.

I don't mind macs, but I just don't like there way of doing things. I had to use macs through out my primary school years. Then one day the pray of the students of the school had been answered, they had finally bought some oem pcs running windows 98se.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Mac is really good for music composing, and sound stuff..that's about all I know, I'll just say PC because I've just used it more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i know from my friends who use mac, its good for art type things. Photoshop was made for macs, stuff like that. Outside of that I dont know.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything you can run on a Mac, you can run on a PC. For the most part, Macintosh suffers compared to x86 architectures. The AMD platform whomps it in math, the Intel platforms destroy it in just about everything else. Sadly, Apple contiues to make Macs with RISC prossessors, which have clearly lost their bid for power. Macs are more stable, but lets face it, they're stable because there's only two programs to run on them :p

Macintosh isn't really a PC either, PCs are generally understood to be derivitive of IBM's PS/2 PC, and the open archecture specification, where Macintosh is derivitive of Apple's propietary, closed format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom