PC Prob: PC Boots weird...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im having some weird/serious Problems with mine comp.
Dunno how to explain them correct so i just start...

When i start mine comp it does nothing, its just vaving black screen but the PC is on. Then i have to Turn it off and on again... (Min. 10 Times).
Then comes mine Boot Screen ("Fujitsu Simenes") then it freezes again but the comp is running like in IDLE Mode, then i have to turn it off and on again. Then it goes past the Advertisement screen and start to show the Configs and that stuff and it freezes again, so OFF and on again. Then it Boots again and i come to the Modeselection screen (SaveMode, Normal Mode, where that is asked).
Then i choose and it start to load again then the comp restars automaticly and freezes again, so OFF and ON again.Then it goes to the Modechoosing again, i choose it frezzes again, OFF and ON again. THEN it start normaly and i come to the screen where Windows XP loading screen is shown, then it freezes...OFF and On again. It goes normal again then it restarts automaticly again,OFF and ON again. It Boots again and Freezes, so Off and On again.
It starts Normal and is going to the Windows XP screen and FINALY goes into Windows.

SO can anyone Help me ?
Its annoying to do this every day and wait 10-15 Minutes till im in Windows( there is everything working fine)

Best answers
Seems like you gots a virus. I had one like that before. My comp would do that and keep turning itself on and off like it was restarting all the time. Then eventually it woulndt get farther every time i turned it on and it just kept going on and off it would only show a black screen nothing else and it wasnt the monitor either it totally fried my mobo. But yeah it sounds like a virus to me. We got it from that p2p crap like kazaa its what gave us a virus... You might needa run a virus scanner or use a cd recovery that restores you comp to how it was when u first bought it. If you have one of those id reccomend you use it unless someone knows whats causeing the problem.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont use p2p its not restartng all the Time i try to Boot up, it sometimes where it restart automaticla while booting up (2x Times so far)

In the boot process its restarting an dthen it start the other probs again where i mentioned above.
I have the Latest Virus Scanner and it didnt found anything.

And im not going to loads of sides on the I-Net just the basic ones where i know.

Thats annoying to do this everyday... ;( stupid pc i could sthrow it out the window :devgrin:

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sounds like faulty ram, try and replace it and look if it happens again, if not, reinstall your pc to be sure.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried it with the RAM thing.

I have 3 RAM CHips in.

I took one out an the comp didnt even start it made *BEEP* *BEEP* i tried it with all 3 RAMS and so then i put them all 3 in again and i went the weird boot sequence again like i poste above.
:cry:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing ther could be some faulty hardware involved in this problem, possible hardware failure or something is dying (your mainboard may be damaged, or worse, your cpu).

Maybe going a bit far there up above, but have you tried replacing your bios battery? tweaking your bios settings? Checked your ide cables are in firmly?

Have you tested other hardware (other then memory) to try and isolate your problem?.

Best answers
i had the same virus but i went into safe mode and deleted it but it was installed it self into my cpu it screwed my cpu up

Best answers
Bad Santa, a virus cant install itself into a Processor, it installs itself into the hard drive, thats why when you reformat, all viruses are destroyed. Infact, the newer AMD Athlon 64 processors can isolate a virus before its installed, hold it in the cpu and kill it. (its hard to explain) So a hard drive is the only thing that a virus can be saved on.
so i dont know what your talking about man.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
I'm guessing ther could be some faulty hardware involved in this problem, possible hardware failure or something is dying (your mainboard may be damaged, or worse, your cpu).

Maybe going a bit far there up above, but have you tried replacing your bios battery? tweaking your bios settings? Checked your ide cables are in firmly?

Have you tested other hardware (other then memory) to try and isolate your problem?.
I dunno WHAT fr Hardware could cause the prob. :cry: .
I tried the BIOS Battery already some days ago.
I took it out for some minutes and then put it back in but still same prob.
Also i tried the cables cause i thought that one popped out. Also i took each HDD off to try to see if one HDD is making the Prob.

The Problem is only in Booting the comp to get into Windows the Rest works just fine when im in Windows.

Im gonna reinstall Windows this weekend to start with an Clear System again to see if its still the same.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds more and more like your windows installation is corrupt, but then again if that was the case it shouldnt be working at all, as opposed to just taking awhile to get there.

it still could be a hardware problem, and my moneys on the HDD that the OS is installed onto is crapping out on ya

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno what the Prob could be.
It Boots weird and it stops often when the LoadingBar to Windows is there where teh WindowsXP logo shows up.
But then when is works and i got in Windows everything works Normal.

Could it be the Bios Version maybe ? cause the Hardware aint showing probs in Windows. I got access to both HDD and mine 3 RAM Sticks work fine too in Windows.All the Hardware is working in Windows.

Im reinstalling WindowsXP this weekend then hopefully the prob is History.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Replace the bios battery (I should of said replac earlier, sorry for the confusion if you didn't know what I was getting at ><).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okeh i can try.
---
BTW: i did reinstalling of mine System and it got Worse, very often now i get Microsoft Errors when starting windows.
The comp is crappying out on me,aka Shutting off on its own, freezing and,and, and...
This is mine 3rd try to write this messages here. >_>
I cant even Install Games cause it freezes or shutting off.
NOT even ESF >_>

Lucky me that i ordered me an new comp ^^...where comes in 10 days >_>

Best answers
i had this problem once. mine was caused by updating the bios, which also updated the raid bios, which in turn made my HD's fubar.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But i didnt updated anything oO IT just happend, that is what i dont get.

I sometimes need more the 2 trys to write an msg here caus ethe PC goes OFF and tehn ON again.

Best answers
Yeah, your hard drive is dying probably, see if you can get another hard drive from someone else and install windows onto that. the only other thing that i could think of is that your windows cd's are damaged in some sort of way but that is a super long shot and it probably isnt since the problems started after windows was installed on your compy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If formatting doesnt work, just check all the hardware.

Sound Artist
Best answers
(1)Go into Bios and use the defaults, see if Windows loads.
(2)Check the drive for errors.
(3)Make sure everything is in SNUG! That beeping sound you heard when you were messing with your ram means you didn't put the ram in all the way.
(4)Try using each of your ram, separately.

Most importantly, make sure your slots are free of dust before you decide to jam anything in them. It does sound like the hard drive, you probably recieved a cd with your hard drive, just load from cd-rom, then check the drive for errors, if you have a lot then it's probably the case. Hopefully it's still under warranty, gleefully replace it if that's the case. Hope this helps.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okeh 2nd try before PC shutdown >_>

(1)- Im usingthe Default BIOS Setup.
(2)-Shows NO errors, It Shows the Normal Boot Screen and everything, it just takes 10 Reruns till im actually getting the Boot Screen. And it shows without errors.
(3)- They SNUG ^^, and i tried everything in mine comp with default stuff.
And i tried each RAM Stick seperatly too. Still the same :cry:

Best answers
could it be a psu prob? a dieing psu can cause weird problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom